Series 9, Episode 6
Miles Jupp - Goats
- The British Goat Society was formed in 1879. Found by Susan.
- The Romans used goats licking a person's feet as a form of torture. It would start with a tickling but get more painful as it went on. Found by Alan.
- The chamois goat can balance on cliff no thicker than a coin. Found by Susan.
- Goats are easier to milk than cows. Found by Marcus.
- "Butthead" is a term used to mean "a goat with horns". Successfully smuggled.
Susan Calman - Singing
- Blackbirds are the first birds to sing in the dawn chorus, followed by the song thrush, the robin, the wren, the grey tit and the chaffinch. Found by Miles.
- Male gibbons duet when they sing. Found by Marcus.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber has gotten uglier as he has got older. Found by Marcus. Accidentally included by Susan.
- Opera singer Enrico Caruso was once convicted of pinching a woman's bottom in a monkey house in 1906. He was fined $10, but there are suspicions that he was the victim of entrapment by the arresting officer. Successfully smuggled.
- Legend has it that Carlo Broschi, one of the greatest castrato singers of all time, could hold a note for over 6 minutes. He could certainly to it for over a minute, which is still an extraordinary achievement. Successfully smuggled.
- Nero ate leeks to improve his singing voice. Successfully smuggled.
Marcus Brigstocke - Glue
- The glue on Israeli postage stamps is kosher. Found by Susan.
- American postage stamps are not fattening. There is only one tenth of a calorie in the adhesive on the back of the stamp. British stamps have 5.9 calories. Found by Miles.
- Kevin Spacey put glue on his fingers together while filming The Usual Suspects to give his left hand the feeling of paralysis. Found by Susan.
- One Romanian man glued a condom to his penis. He told doctors at the time he did it because he did not want any more children. Found by Miles.
- "Gecle" is a form of glue combining the sticky feet of geckos and the glue used in muscles. Successfully smuggled.
Alan Davies - Painting
- Kanye West paid $350,000 to have a version of the Sistine Chapel ceiling painted in his dining room ceiling. Found by Miles.
- The ancient Greek painted Zeuxis died from laughing at one of his own paintings. Found by Miles.
- One Croatian couple mourned the death of their pet Dalmatian by painting the outside of their house white with black spots. Found by Marcus.
- A man from Los Angeles was arrested for hiding under tables in university libraries and painting women's toenails. Successfully smuggled.
- Alexander Fleming made "germ paintings" using multicoloured bacteria. They were invisible when painted on but became colourful as they grew. He painted ballerinas, houses and soldiers. Successfully smuggled.
- Monday 7th May 2012
- BBC Radio 4
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|David Mitchell||Host / Presenter|