Series 6, Episode 4
Chris Addison - Clocks and Watches
- The first wristwatch was commissioned in the year 1810 by Napoleon Bonaparte's sister Queen Caroline of Naples and took two years to complete. Found by Armando.
- The Dalai Lama is the only known non-specialist who can repair his own Patek Philippe watch. Found by Armando.
- Leonardo da Vinci invented an alarm clock which tickled the person's feet to wake them up. Successfully smuggled.
- George Washington carried a portable sundial with him to tell the time. Successfully smuggled.
- Queen Caroline of Naples's wristwatch was equipped with a thermometer. Successfully smuggled.
Susan Calman - Funerals
- At some Chinese funerals there is explicit language, erotic dancing and pornographic films are shown. Found by Armando.
- The Roman poet Virgil held a funeral for his pet fly as a tax dodge. Land used for cemeteries was except from tax. Found by Chris.
- The three most common requests at the funerals are to be buried with their pets ashes (the animal has to be already dead), to have a mobile in the coffin and for someone to make sure they are dead. by Armando.
- In Papua New Guinea four people traditionally eat the bodies of their dead relatives including the brain. Found by Chris.
- One-third of Taiwanese funerals feature a stripper. Successfully smuggled.
Rufus Hound - Goldfish
- Goldfish in darker rooms become whiter. Found by Chris.
- Madame de Pompadour's real name translates into English as "Jean Fish". Found by Chris.
- Goldfish can get seasickness. Successfully smuggled.
- Sticking things up goldfishes noses will stop them breeding. Successfully smuggled.
- Goldfish have been taught many of the things that dolphins can do including swimming on their tails standing up. Successfully smuggled.
Armando Iannucci - Joseph Stalin
- Stalin had webbed feet. Found by Susan.
- The Communist Party outlawed bank robberies in the USSR. Found by Rufus.
- There is a Soviet-themed theme park in Lithuania nicknamed "Stalin World". Found by Chris.
- Stalin's only regular job was as a weatherman. Successfully smuggled.
- Chris Addison: 1 point
- Armando Iannucci and Susan Calman: -1 point
- Rufus Hound: -3 points
- Monday 18th October 2010
- BBC Radio 4
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|David Mitchell||Host / Presenter|