Series 4, Episode 2
Clive Anderson - Baldness
- France had a king known as Charles the Bald. Found by Fi.
- Coutts is a bank. Found by Dom. Accidentally included by Clive.
- The actress Gillian Anderson was voted in her school yearbook as the "Girl most likely to go bald." Successfully smuggled.
- Red haired men are more likely to bald than anyone else, mainly because they have fewer hairs on average than most people. Successfully smuggled.
- Tsar Paul I of Russia issued a decree that anyone who mentioned his baldness in his presence would be executed. Successfully smuggled.
- A simple cure for baldness is castration, provided it is done before puberty. Successfully smuggled.
Henning Wehn - Winston Churchill
- A point was given when Henning said that he had turned to page two of his lecture notes. Found by Clive. Accidentally included by Henning.
- Due to his depression, Churchill never stood on the edge of railway platforms in case he felt the urge to jump off. Found by Clive.
- Another point was given when Henning said that he had turned to page three of his lecture notes. Found by Clive. Accidentally included by Henning.
- Churchill was born in a ladies cloakroom. Successfully smuggled.
- Churchill had strong suspicions about lavatory seats. When a plumber asked him what sort of seat he would have on his toilet he replied that he had no need of one. Successfully smuggled.
- Churchill has the same governess as Clement Attlee. Successfully smuggled.
- Churchill invented the world "cutopia" which is a communist country with lots of cueing. Successfully smuggled.
Fi Glover - Urine
- Cats urine glows in the dark. Found by Henning.
- The American government instructed crashed pilots in the Pacific during World War Two to eat Asparagus because the chemical reaction of it with the urine attacked fish. Found by Henning.
- Tiger urine smells like buttered popcorn. Successfully smuggled.
- When Laplanders consume the mushroom fly agaric they will often urinated into a glass and drink the urine so that someone else can experience the hallucinogenic effect. Successfully smuggled.
- Ostriches are the only birds that can pee. Successfully smuggled.
Dom Joly - Dwarves
- King Charles I was highly amused by an 8 foot giant who carried a dwarf in his pocket. Found by Clive.
- The Romans regularly had dwarves fighting women in the Colosseum. Successfully smuggled.
- The most famous dwarf spy smuggled secrets by disguising himself as a baby in his mother's arms. Successfully smuggled.
- Charles I favourite joke was to place his court dwarf between two halves of a loaf of bread and pretend to eat him. Successfully smuggled.
- Some of the names that Walt Disney rejected for dwarves in the film Snow White and the Seven Dwarves where "Biggy Wiggy", "Flabby", "Chesty" and "Awful". Successfully smuggled.
- Monday 12th October 2009
- BBC Radio 4
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|David Mitchell||Host / Presenter|