Series 2, Episode 3
Tim Vine - Hedgehogs
- Hedgehogs taste like pork. Found by Lee.
- Hedgehogs wash by spitting on themselves. Found by Adam.
- When a hedgehog is run over, their entrails are fired out of their mouth and anus. Found be Lee.
- Hedgehogs have fingerprints which are closer to human fingerprints than any other animal. Successfully smuggled.
- If you remove a hedgehogs flees, it will die. Successfully smuggled (but since proven to be untrue. See notes).
Adam Buxton - Hair
- Honey bees have hair on their eyes. Found by Ed.
- You would not be allowed to enter Disney if you were man with hair considered too long. Found by Tim.
- The average person grows two metres of nostril hair in a lifetime. Found by Ed.
- The shape of the hairstyle is due to the shape of the hair follicles. Found by Ed.
- The word "dasypygal" means "to have a hairy bottom". Successfully smuggled.
Ed Byrne - Kissing
- The Romans had different words for different kinds of kissing. Found by Lee.
- In Logan County, Colorado, it is illegal for a man to kiss a woman if she is asleep. Found by Lee.
- The first interracial kiss on screen was between William Shatner and Michelle Nichols in a 1968 episode of Star Trek. Found by Tim.
- The longest kiss in the world was for 31 hours, 18 mutes and 33 seconds in a competition in New York starting on Valentines Day 2004. Found by Tim.
- In the Middle Ages, kissing was declared a mortal sin by the Catholic Church. Successfully smuggled.
Lee Mack - Potatoes
- In the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind, dried potatoes were used to look like snowflakes. Found by Adam.
- Until the late 18th century, the French believed that potatoes caused leprosy. Found by Ed.
- Apples, onions and potatoes all taste the same. To prove it, if you bite into them while holding your nose, it will taste sweet. Found by Adam.
- Potatoes were not introduced into Britain by Sir Walter Raleigh. Found by Ed. Accidentally included by Lee.
- Potatoes contain more chromosomes than people. They have 48, humans have 46. Found by Ed.
- In slang, a coach potato's wife is called a "coach tomato". It can also mean a coach potato with red hair. Successfully smuggled.
- Adam Buxton and Tim Vine: 2 points
- Ed Byrne and Lee Mack: 1 point
The fact about removing a hedgehogs fleas was later revealed to be untrue on an episode of QI.
- Monday 19th May 2008
- BBC Radio 4
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|David Mitchell||Host / Presenter|