A weekly and surely fictitious account of events in a naval detachment only loosely connected with the Senior Service.
Set on board the British Royal Navy frigate HMS Troutbridge, the show follows the adventures of Sub-Lieutenant Phillips, scheming Chief Petty Officer Pertwee, and bemused Lieutenant Murray. The trio often have to cover up problems and mistakes from the ship's commander, "Thunderguts" Povey.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Sunday 29th March 1959 on BBC Light Programme at 7pm
- Last new broadcast
- Saturday 16th July 1977 on BBC Light Programme at 1:02pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Upcoming repeats
- Series 13 Episode 12: Thursday 12th August at 8am on Radio 4 Extra
- Series 13 Episode 12: Thursday 12th August at 12pm on Radio 4 Extra
- Series 13 Episode 12: Thursday 12th August at 7pm on Radio 4 Extra