Sitcom about some of the first Welsh emigrants on the original voyage to Patagonia
- BBC Radio Wales
- 4 (1 series)
- Richard Morris
- Frank Honeybone, Garnon Davies, James Redmond, Kai Owen, Kimberley Nixon, Melanie Walters, Ri Richards, Steffan Rhodri and John Finnemore
- Clint Edwards, Dan Kiss, Robin Morgan and Tom Price
Sitcom commissioned by BBC Radio Wales to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Welsh settlement of Patagonia.
'Wales? Oh, beautiful, she is. But not so beautiful that one hundred people wouldn't rather sit on a boat for three months to go somewhere else... forever'
In 1865, 153 Welsh men and women set sail from Liverpool to Patagonia, on the converted tea-clipper the Mimosa. We follow our intrepid settlers as they attempt to bring a little piece of Wales to Southern Argentina. Along the way they deal with a money-grabbing English captain, a flood, a visiting Argentinean ambassador, a match-making mother and even
Based on an original idea by BBC Comedy producer Richard Morris, and written by Rubber Chicken's in-house team of Welsh comedy writers.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Saturday 17th October 2015 on BBC Radio Wales at 1pm
- Last new broadcast
- Saturday 7th November 2015 on BBC Radio Wales at 1pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Thursday 31st December 2015 at 6:30pm