Radio comedy about a community living in sheds on a beach
- 2011 - 2014
- BBC Radio 4
- 12 (3 series)
- Tony Pitts
- Tony Pitts, James Quinn, Warren Brown, Juliet Oldfield, Neil Maskell, Debra Stephenson, Kevin Eldon, Stephen Mangan and others
- Tony Pitts
- Jim Poyser and Tony Pitts
- Sally Harrison
Who hasn't thought about running away from it all at some time or other? Barry and Jimmy hadn't - until now. Friends since school days in a small town, they find themselves slipping inexorably and almost unconsciously into middle age.
Shedtown is a dream born out of quiet desperation. Throughout the series the wooden icon of escape and isolation 'the shed' becomes a symbol of possibility and change, a new community by the sea where Barry and Jimmy can circumnavigate the mundane, once and for all.
In Series 2, the wooden icon of escape and isolation - the shed - continues to be a symbol of possibility and change. Our Sheddists arrived and survived - and, now waking from a beach-baked slumber, the familiar residents find faces old and new on the sand.
Series 3 starts as The Shedists have fallen off the edge, abandoned ship; they're clinging to driftwood and floating out to sea.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 1st June 2011 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 22nd April 2014 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Wednesday 28th November 2018 at 10:30pm on Radio 4 Extra