- 2010 - 2018
- BBC Radio 4
- 13 (3 series)
- Tom Basden, Tim Key, Jonny Sweet, Anna Crilly and Katy Wix
- Tom Basden
- Julia McKenzie
Based on the award-winning play from the 2009 Edinburgh Festival, Party is written by Edinburgh Comedy Award winner and Cowards member, Tom Basden. It explores what happens when a group of people try and change the world.
Four young idealists have decided to form a new political party to save the world from itself. The new fifth member, Duncan, sets about saving the world from them.
A suburban garden shed is the setting, as the adolescent adults debate forming their own political party. From the perils of electing a leader and choosing a party name through to the finer intricacies of Foreign and Environmental policy, this comedy satirises the ambitions, hypocrisy and naivety of those who choose to try to change the world.
Party is about small minds tackling big issues - China, sex trafficking, cycle lanes, unfair trade coffee, whether to call the party 'The Friendly Party' or 'Gladios', and when, exactly, they should break to eat a cake.
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 10th March 2010 at 6:30pm on BBC Radio 4
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 26th December 2018 at 11:30am on BBC Radio 4
- Most recent repeats
- Pleasance Theatre (London) - Series 1
- The Comedy Store (London) - Series 2
- BBC Radio Theatre - Series 2-3