Leave It To Psmith
Comedy adapted from the tales of P.G. Wodehouse, about an impoverished chap named Psmith
- BBC Radio 4
- 2 (1 series)
- Edward Bennett, Susannah Fielding, Patricia Hodge, George Blagden, Nigel Anthony, Martin Jarvis, Lisa Dillon, Ifan Meredith and others
- PG Wodehouse and Archie Scottney
- Martin Jarvis and Rosalind Ayres
It's the 1920s and Edward Bennett is Psmith (the P is silent!). He's as broke as the Ten Commandments and advertises himself to 'go anywhere, do anything. Crime not objected to!'
Down at idyllic Blandings Castle, affably vague Lord Emsworth prepares to travel to London to collect a famous poet who's been invited to Blandings by his fearsome sister Constance.
Emsworth's son Freddie sees Psmith's advert. He needs someone to steal his aunt's necklace! In town, the Earl mistakes Psmith for the poet. Psmith spots lovely Eve Halliday. He falls in love on sight. Freddie hires Psmith to do the stealing.
Love and crime, hand-in-hand. A thrilling farce ensues.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Electric Decade: Leave It To Psmith (Other official name)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Sunday 17th May 2020 on BBC Radio 4 at 3pm
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 24th May 2020 on BBC Radio 4 at 3pm
- Length of episodes
- 1 hour