The Last Goon Show Of All
Spike Milligan, Harry Secombe, Peter Sellers, Ray Ellington and Max Geldray reunite for a final fling. From October 1972
- Sketch Show
- BBC Radio 4
- Harry Secombe, Peter Sellers and Spike Milligan
- Spike Milligan
- John Browell and Douglas Hespe
In what is the 161st episode of The Goon Show, Neddie Seagoon finds himself low on cash, partly due to Grytpype-Thynne and Count Moriarty stealing his £100 "war gratuity" by lagging his legs, and Bluebottle blackmailing him by taking photographs of his bloomers.
In order to earn more money, Seagoon travels to Blackpool to make cash by doing his old stage act - the shaving routine. In doing so he mets up with the other characters, Henry Crun, Minnie Bannister, Major Bloodnok, Eccles and Little Jim, and finds himself doing more Goon Show episodes.
- Production company
- Sound provided by the Wally Stott Orchestra, conducted by Peter Knight, the Ray Ellington Quartet, and harmoica player Max Geldray.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Thursday 5th October 1972 on BBC Radio 4 at 8pm
- Episode length
- 1 hour
- Last repeat
- Friday 5th May 2017 at 8:00am on Radio 4 Extra