It Is Rocket Science!
Comic but scientifically accurate look at the science and history of space exploration. Hosted by Helen Keen
- 2011 - 2014
- BBC Radio 4
- 12 (3 series)
- Helen Keen, Peter Serafinowicz and Susy Kane
- Helen Keen and Miriam Underhill
- Gareth Edwards
Award-winning comedian and part-time local authority temp Helen Keen loves space rockets.
This Radio 4 space extravaganza features fewer close-ups of Professor Brian Cox looking cool in front of a rocket than Wonders of the Solar System, but more weird and wonderful stories about the geniuses, Nazis and Satanists who propelled humankind to the stars. It Is Rocket Science! takes you on a whistlestop comic tour of the great brains who put monkeys, ladies, dogs and gentlemen into orbit.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 9th March 2011 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 23rd April 2014 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Length of episodes
- 15 minutes
- Last repeat
- Sunday 27th June 2021 at 11:00pm on Radio 4 Extra