House On Fire
Sitcom about Vicky and Matt, who decide to buy a house together in these credit crunch times, despite being strangers to each other
- 2010 - 2013
- BBC Radio 4
- 18 (3 series)
- Emma Pierson, Jody Latham, Rupert Vansittart, Janine Duvitski, Philip Jackson, Seb Cardinal, Fergus Craig and Colin Hoult
- Dan Hine and Chris Sussman
- Clive Brill, Dan Hine and Chris Sussman
- Clive Brill
When first-time buyers Matt and Vicky set their heart on the same two-bedroom house in Brixton, they realise neither of them can afford it by themselves.
Once their parents have helped them out, they agree to pool their resources and buy the property together. What could go wrong? She seems friendly and intelligent, and is definitely easy on the eye. He seems kind, funny and is undeniably cute. Not only is this a sensible financial move, it could end up being a great way of making a new friend for life. Or it could turn out to be the worst move they ever made?
House On Fire is a comedy series about two strangers who buy a house together, and then discover that they hate each other. Stuck together, but too financially intertwined to extricate themselves, Matt and Vicky must put up with each other's annoying habits before they lose their minds. Constantly at loggerheads, occasionally at war, each pulls out all the stops to try make the other leave.
Secretly, they might love each other - but if they do, they've got a funny way of showing it.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Thursday 7th January 2010 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 26th June 2013 on BBC Radio 4 at 11:30am
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Thursday 19th March 2015 at 9:30am on Radio 4 Extra