Elvis McGonagall Takes A Look On The Bright Side
Sitcom based around the stand-up poet, armchair revolutionary, comedian and broadcaster character Elvis McGonagall
- 2014 - 2015
- BBC Radio 4
- 8 (2 series)
- Elvis McGonagall, Susan Morrison, Lewis Macleod, Gabriel Quigley and Clarke Peters
- Elvis McGonagall, Helen Braunholtz-Smith and Frank Stirling
- Frank Stirling
Stand-up poet, armchair revolutionary, comedian and broadcaster Elvis McGonagall (aka poet and performer Richard Smith) is determined to do something about his bitter, dyspeptic and bloody minded view of contemporary life.
There are good things out there, if he could only be bothered to find them. From his home in the Graceland Park near Dundee, the Scottish punk poet goes in search of the brighter side of life. With the help of his dog, Trouble, his friend, Susan Morrison, and his own private narrator, Clarke Peters, Elvis does his very best to accentuate the positive - he really does.
Recorded almost entirely on location, in a caravan on a truly glamorous industrial estate somewhere in Scotland.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 30th April 2014 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 16th September 2015 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Length of episodes
- 15 minutes
- Last repeat
- Friday 16th August 2019 at 11:30pm on Radio 4 Extra