Adaptation of a satirical novel about a murder at the Eisteddfod festival
- Comedy Drama
- BBC Radio 4
- 5 (1 series)
- Steffan Rhodri, Rhian Morgan, Matthew Gravelle, Richard Elfyn, Mali Harries and Lisa Jên Brown
- Myfanwy Alexander
- Myfanwy Alexander and Emyr Roberts
Inspector Daf Dafis of Dyfed Powys Police knows that the visit of Wales' greatest cultural festival to his patch will be a challenge but even he didn't anticipate the mayhem which ensues.
It's not all archdruids and choral contests, as Daf discovers, and when the ceremonial Chair cannot be filled, there is a murder case to solve.
There's as much crime as culture and Daf has one or two personal issues to solve as well but, with the help of his trusty sergeant and the sexiest female agricultural contractor in the county, he'll give it his best shot.
An adaptation of the best-selling Welsh novel, Bloody Eisteddfod, provides a lively insight into contemporary rural life as well as culture. A stellar cast of the finest actors in Wales, headed by Steffan Rhodri and Rhian Morgan are joined by talented newcomers in a lively and engaging drama, packed with incident and vivid characters.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Woman's Hour Drama: Bloody Eisteddford (Other official name)
- A Oes Heddwas? (Welsh title)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Monday 3rd August 2020 on BBC Radio 4 at 10:45am
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 7th August 2020 on BBC Radio 4 at 10:45am
- Length of episodes
- 15 minutes
- Last repeat
- Friday 7th August 2020 at 7:45pm