- 2017 - 2021
- BBC Radio 4
- 19 (1 pilot + 3 series)
- Angus Deayton, Pearce Quigley, Abigail Cruttenden, Kate Isitt and Bennett Arron
- Moray Hunter, Ian Brown and James Hendrie
- Gordon Kennedy and Moray Hunter
- Gordon Kennedy and Chris Pye
30% of UK households consist of only one person. That makes about 7.7 million people who are on their own. When you hear this show, you'll understand why.
Alone is about five, single, middle-aged neighbours living in a converted North London house who, it seems, can't get by with or without each other. No doubt, being alone has its advantages but at times you crave company and at other times you have no option but to interact with the rest of humanity...or at least your neighbours.
Mitch is a widower and part-time therapist who is looking to put his life back together now that he is single and living, supposedly temporarily, with Will, his younger, more volatile and unhappily divorced half-brother. Elsewhere in the building are schoolteacher Ellie who is shy, nervous and holds a secret candle for Mitch. Overly honest, frustrated actress Louisa, and socially inept IT nerd Morris complete the line-up of mis-matched neighbours.
- First broadcast
- Saturday 7th January 2017 at 3:30pm on BBC Radio 4
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 12th May 2021 at 6:30pm on BBC Radio 4
- Most recent repeats
- RADA Studios