Stand-up show starring Paul Vickers performed on the following days in August 2019...
88: Just The Tonic at the Caves
Room: Just the Wee One
This show operates under the Pay What You Want (PWYW) model. To guarantee entry, buy a ticket in advance. Ticket-holders will be seated first. Any empty seats will then be filled from the free queue and audiences asked to leave a donation at the end.
Twonkey's 10th show is about grotesque cake decorating shop in the Dordogne that has been secretly making fake weather since 1982. Mr Twonkey says, 'Last week I knocked on the door licking my lips in anticipation. The shopkeeper opened the door, a tiny woman who was all baggy eyes with a hard miserable face and fast little legs. I had made a horrible mistake?' 'He creates wonderlands of weird' **** (Scotsman). 'Mind-bending fables' **** (Times). 'An operatic imagination' **** (BeyondTheJoke.co.uk). 'A one-man cornucopia of the bizarre' **** (FringeGuru.co.uk). Winner: Malcolm Hardee Award for Comic Originality.
Share this show
- The Scotsman: The Scotsman critics' best comedy shows to see
- The Scotsman: Lunatic fringe should be treasured
- The Guardian: Why indie musicians are rocking up at the Fringe
- British Comedy Guide: Nightmare audience members
- Chortle: Why can't TV capture the spirit of the Fringe?
- British Comedy Guide: Mr Twonkey: 10 things I've learnt from 10 years on the fringe
- The Scotsman: 30 of the best rated comedy acts returning to Fringe
- Voice Magazine: Interview with Mr Twonkey, aka Paul Vickers
- Edinburgh49: +3 interview: Twonkey's Ten Year Twitch
- Moody Comedy: Mr Twonkey: The Edinburgh Interviews 2019
Review this show
Have something to say about this show? You will be able to give this show a star rating (and write a short review if you want) from the 1 August.