Stand-up show starring Tom Mayhew performed on the following days in August 2019...
288: Just The Tonic at The Mash House
Room: Just The Bottle Room
Tom Mayhew (BBC New Comedy Award semi-finalist 2018) was unemployed for three years from the age of 18. This is a story of rejections, the JobCentre, being working class, and fighting for your place in the world. With lots of jokes. This show explores what its really like for someone in their twenties in 2019. While some seem to think we have it all, the reality is that many of us can't afford to move out of our parents' place. 'His content is from the heart; spellbinding, raw and telling... a genuine joy to watch' (Kate Copstick).
A show about a topic rarely discussed at the Fringe: the challenges associated with being working class. Tom Mayhew talks passionately about the subject, whilst maintaining a high gag rate throughout. He may have a quiet persona, but the messages in the show are loud and clear.
Share this show
- British Comedy Guide: Fringe dispatches
- British Comedy Guide: Best In Class, sharing a wealth of recommendations
- The Scotsman: The Scotsman critics' best comedy shows to see
- Moody Comedy: Tom Mayhew: the Edinburgh interviews 2019
- Turtle Canyon Comedy: Turtle Canyon's EdFringe comedy picks
- Chortle: What is the worst date you have ever been on?
- Edinburgh49: +3 interview: I, Tom Mayhew
This show's artwork was involved in The Comedy Poster Awards 2019
Review this show
Have something to say about this show? You will be able to give this show a star rating (and write a short review if you want) from the 1 August.