Play performed on the following days in August 2019...
Multi award-winning US playwright Jonathan Caren's razor-sharp dark comedy follows four friends on a river-rafting stag party that's turned upside down when a mysterious woman kayaks ashore. Groom-to-be, Dez, comes to question the very nature of love and monogamy over the course of a long night's drinking, fire-building and s'more-making. Rifles are drawn, stripteases danced and secrets unearthed as the quartet of friends comes together and falls apart. Cynical and raw, hilarious and squirm-inducing, the play asks just how liberal "woke" boys really are when they're alone together, out in nature, beers in hand.
Share this show
- UK Theatre Network
- The Stage
- What's On Stage
- The Scotsman
- Fringe Biscuit
- Fest Mag
- The Guardian
- The List
- The Guardian: Edinburgh festival 2019: the shows we recommend
- The Independent: Fringe: Our guide to the best shows to see
- Broadway World: Four Woke Baes Q&A
- The Jewish Chronicle: Nine must-sees at this year's Edinburgh Fringe
- The EFC: Meet the performers: Jonathan Caren (Four Woke Baes)
Review this show
Have something to say about this show? You will be able to give this show a star rating (and write a short review if you want) from the 1 August.