Cabaret / music starring Catherine Cohen performed on the following days in August 2019...
A show about living, laughing, loving and losing your debit card five times in one year. Through original songs and stand-up, New York sensation Catherine (with Henry Koperski on keys) explores life as an immortal millennial who is tragically unverified on Twitter. Comics That Sum Up 2019, Guardian. 'Bringing back comedy cabaret in a big way' (Forbes). 'Cohen radiates a gee-whiz star power, Carol Kane-level charisma and enough between-song banter to make Carol Burnett blush', Five Comedians to Look Out For (Time Out NY). 'One of this year's most promising rising comedians' (W Magazine).
Using only a gold tinsel backdrop and the sheer force of Catherine Cohen's charisma, the Pleasance Beneath basement room is transformed into a New York cabaret club. Catherine uses her fabulous voice to sing dark tales of teenage rejection, slut shaming, and how to hide a dead body. In between songs she flirts with the audience and gives them a searingly honest and hilarious insight into a millennial's outwardly perfect, inwardly bleak life.
Share this show
- Fresh Fringe
- The Arts Desk
- The Telegraph
- Funny Women
- Beyond The Joke
- The Telegraph
- i Newspaper
- Broadway World
- The Skinny
- The Scotsman
- The Guardian
- Fest Mag
- Fringe Biscuit
- British Comedy Guide: Best-reviewed Edinburgh Fringe shows 2019
- British Comedy Guide: Jordan Brookes wins Edinburgh Comedy Awards 2019
- The Guardian: Jordan Brookes: a worthy Edinburgh Comedy awards champ
- Chortle: Have you ever been called a nickname you didn't like?
- British Comedy Guide: Malcolm Hardee Awards 2019 nominations
- British Comedy Guide: Edinburgh Comedy Awards shortlist 2019
- The Guardian: Meet Catherine Cohen, comedy's peak millennial
- The Fountain: Catherine Cohen interview
- The Scotsman: The Scotsman critics' best comedy shows to see
- Chortle: When did you last have a meltdown?
- Beyond The Joke: Edinburgh Comedy Awards 2019: best newcomer predictions
- The Guardian: Edinburgh festival 2019: the shows we recommend
- Fest Mag: You're Obsessed - Catherine Cohen interview
- 2Northdown: Our top ten picks of Edinburgh Fringe 2019
- i Newspaper: Fringe 2019: festival's 13 best comedy acts to watch
- Chortle: What have you recently done for the first time?
- Chortle: Who was the first person you remember fancying?
- The Guardian: Meet the best new comics at the Fringe
- Theatre Weekly: Interview: Catherine Cohen
- Broadway World: Catherine Cohen Q&A
- The Guardian: Fringe 2019: 50 theatre, comedy and dance shows to see
Review this show
Have something to say about this show? You will be able to give this show a star rating (and write a short review if you want) from the 1 August.