Join the BBC New Comedy Award finalist and wheelchair enthusiast as he tells you about how his first paid gig led to him performing on BBC2 a year later, and what happens when you are being trolled online for not being disabled enough. Aaron is far better at stand-up than standing up and his unique perspective on life - usually of people's belly buttons - gives him a distinctive edge in his performances as well as a sore neck. Jewish Comedian of the Year 2017. 'A class act' (Chortle.co.uk).
In his debut Fringe show, Aaron Simmonds demonstrates expert storytelling whilst packing jokes and opportunities for mirth into every moment. Showcasing an honest approach to dating with a disability, Simmonds is definitely one to watch and is destined for greater things in the future.
Share this show
- Jewish Renaissance
- Broadway Baby
- The Scotsman
- The Wee Review
- Broadway World
- The List
- Fest Mag
- Beyond The Joke: NextUp films Edinburgh shows for release
- Chortle: The funniest thing that ever happened to you a funeral
- Chortle: Have you ever been too shy to speak to a hero you met?
- British Comedy Guide: Amused Moose Comedy Award 2019 shortlist
- The Scotsman: The Scotsman critics' best comedy shows to see
- Chortle: Who was the biggest prick at your school?
- Blizzard Comedy: 8 white dues worth seeing at the 2019 Fringe
- British Comedy Guide: Nightmare audience members
- Edinburgh49: +3 interview: Aaron Simmonds: Disabled Coconut
This show's artwork was involved in The Comedy Poster Awards 2019Tweets by Rollingcomedian
Review this show
Have something to say about this show? You will be able to give this show a star rating (and write a short review if you want) from the 1 August.