One man. One hour. One second hand camcorder. Join 'charming storyteller' (Chortle.co.uk) Richard Soames as he gets the band back together, gives that half-time speech to the peewee hockey team, casts the ring into the fires of The Death Star without crossing the streams and makes an entire movie in sixty minutes. 'Excellent' (Sunday Times). 'Oozing likability' (Skinny). As seen on BBC One's Michael McIntyre's Big Show. Co-writer of Edinburgh Best Newcomer Award Nominated Show The Story Beast and star of The Beta Males (Chortle Award Nominees). **** (Sunday Times). **** (Time Out).
Share this show
- Chortle: How would you improve the Fringe?
- Chortle: What do you think of critics?
- Chortle: Has the 'spirit of the Fringe' been lost?
- Chortle: What's the most you have put into a Free Fringe bucket?
- British Comedy Guide: Fringe dispatches #1
- Chortle: Who are the unsung heroes of the Fringe?
- Chortle: What's the oddest thing you've read in a Fringe review?
- Chortle: What track do you come on to and why?
- British Comedy Guide: Fringe Q&A: If you won a million pounds...
- Chortle: What's the worst place you've ever stayed?
- Chortle: What is the weirdest Fringe show you have seen?
- Chortle: The one thing you wish you knew from your first Fringe
- British Comedy Guide: Fringe Q&A: What do your parents think?
- Short Com: You have to be joking? Richard Soames
- British Comedy Guide: Fringe Q&A: Comedians share jokes from their shows
- FringePig: A piggy interview with Richard Soames
This show's artwork was involved in The Comedy Poster Awards 2018
Richard has 60 minutes to make a movie and he needs your help. Having misspent his childhood with his brother making uniquely exhilarating home movies, like their painstaking shot-for-shot remake of The Matrix, to their just painstaking Snakes in a Car, his younger brother's now all grown-wife-proper-job-and-mortgaged-up and Richard's on his own. But instead of six to eight weeks on a Studio lot, making an actual Blockbuster, he's booked an hour in a purple shipping container. Armed with a state of the art handycam from 2003, some questionable filmmaking techniques and genuine archive footage from his old home videos, Richard will do anything and everything it takes (mostly everything) to make a fully-formed movie in one hour.
Actor, writer, comedian, improviser (and moviemaker, did he mention that?), Richard has appeared on BBC1's Michael McIntrye's Big Show, Dave's Go8Bit DLC, Radio 4's Sketchorama and various online content for BBC3 and 4oD. As well as his collaborations as the multi-award winning Story Beast's arch-frenemy, he also plays Lord Fear in sell-out Edinburgh Fringe hit show Knightmare Live, teaches and performs improvisation with the award-winning Monkey Toast and is a guest cast member of Radio 4, Chortle Award Nominated smash hit Austentatious.
The show is directed by Matthew Highton, long-time contributor and director for the Chortle Award Winning Weirdos Collective as well as Chortle Award Nominated group Comedians Cinema Club.