Winner of the 2016 Malcolm Hardee Award for Comic Originality. 'Mr. Twonkey's blood type is joy and I am delighted to say he is highly infectious' (Copstick, Scotsman). 'Dark, demented, slaps you from all sides' ***** (Stage). His manager Mr Pines has sent Twonkey to the Iquitos Fringe deep in the hallucinogenic Peruvian jungle over Christmas. Will he survive? 'The thing is: it's brilliant' **** (BroadwayBaby.com). Imagine if Malcolm McLaren had directed Rupert the Bear, drunk, making it into an oddball curiosity set in a haunted theme park and you're somewhere close.
The winner of last year's Malcolm Hardee Award has lost none of his surreal spark. Mr Twonkey (Paul Vickers) guides us through the jungle full of adventure, song and puppetry. This show includes a ship's wheel decorated with knickers, a flying tailor and a literal narrative thread.
Share this show
- John Fleming's Blog: Edinburgh Fringe day 15
- Chortle: Paul Vickers recalls his unforgettable five gigs
- The Edinburgh Reporter: Fringe 2017 - Twonkey's Christmas in the Jungle
- Short Com: You have to be joking? Mr Twonkey
- Mumble Comedy: An interview with Mr Twonkey
- Broadway Baby: #EdFringe17 Comedy Q&A: Mr. Twonkey
- The Edinburgh Reporter: Fringe 2017 - Bob Slayer's Heroes of Fringe
- John Fleming's Blog: Paul Vickers to write play about David Lynch