Having moved 5,437 miles for love, award-winning Egyptian-American comedian Maria Shehata presents her debut hour of playfully sardonic stand-up. Charmingly conversational and brutally honest, Maria divulges the realities of giving up a glamorous LA lifestyle to discover that saying 'I moved here for you' does not win every argument. Winner: Best Comedian at Hollywood Festival of New Cinema and Best Comedy at the Miami Web Fest. 'Maria Shehata has a Janeane Garofalo-type swagger to her, both funny and entertaining' (LA Times). 'Maria is my favourite little Egyptian' (Jim Gaffigan).
Share this show
- British Comedy Guide: First Gig, Worst Gig: Maria Shehata
- Laugh Out London: Maria Shehata: Edinburgh Fringe 2017 interview
- Moody Comedy: The Edinburgh interviews 2017: Maria Shehata
- Edinburgh49: +3 interview: Maria Shehata: Wisdomless
- Chortle: Maria Shehata picks her Perfect Playlist
- Broadway Baby: #EdFringe17: Maria Shehata is Wisdomless
- Female First: Maria Shehata discusses her show 'Wisdomless'
- Broadway World: BWW Q&A- Maria Shehata
- The New York Times: A FaceTime relationship turns face to face
- The Guardian: Laugh a minute: Edinburgh festival's 2017 comedy lineup