Improv performed on the following days in August 2015...
Shit-Faced Shakespeare by the legendary Magnificent Bastard Productions is the hilarious combination of an entirely serious Shakespeare play with an entirely shit-faced cast member. Side-splitting, raucous and completely interactive, the show has already entertained over 35,000 eager theatre goers across the UK and America. Having successfully completed multiple sell-out runs at the Edinburgh and Brighton Fringe festivals, Shit-Faced Shakespeare is back with an all new show for 2015... The Merchant of Venice! 'Genuinely hilarious' (Guardian). 'The funniest show at the Fringe' (Daily Star). 'Very rock'n'roll' (Times).
Share this show
- Daily Record: We've found some of the weirdest shows out there
Full press release
Shit-faced Shakespeare returns to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with their biggest production ever: The Merchant of Venice.
Shit-faced Shakespeare by Magnificent Bastard Productions is the hilarious combination of an entirely serious Shakespeare play with an entirely shit-faced cast member. Side-splitting, raucous and completely interactive, the show has entertained over 45,000 eager theatre goers across the UK and the USA. Having successfully completed multiple sell-out runs at the Edinburgh and Brighton Fringe festivals, Shit-faced Shakespeare is gearing up to return to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with their most ambitious show ever.
Shit-faced Shakespeare in numbers:
- 6 Years old and still 0 deaths
- Over 170 shows performed worldwide
- More than 1,500 cans and over 425 bottles of beer consumed on stage
- Times the Dawson's Creek theme tune has been drunkenly sung: 37
- Approximately 4,750 Units of alcohol drunk in preparation for shows
- 33 individual nipples displayed on stage (62% of them male)
- £179.90 worth of Domino's pizza drunkenly ordered during a single show
- Number of prosthetic limbs used during sword fights: 1
The excellent Udderbelly venue will play host to our August activities as we present our unique brand of classically trained actors and classically wild behaviour. We are also delighted to be bring our all new, all singing, all dancing, all drinking companion show: Shit-faced Showtime to Edinburgh for the very first time.
Shit-faced Shakespeare seeks to introduce a new generation of theatre-goers to the Bard by reviving the raucous, interactive and vibrant nature of Elizabethan theatre with a very modern twist.