Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer nominees and Chortle Award winners Gein's Family Giftshop bring their second show to the Fringe. Ed, Kath, Jim and the one you never see are darker, faster and funnier than ever before, and they have an hour of brand new sketches that aren't for everyone but might just be for you. Winners: Best New Sketch Act and Audience Choice Award, London Sketchfest 2014. 'Would unsettle even the darker League of Gentlemen fan.' ***** (Sunday Times). 'Theirs is a dark and sinister comic world' (Guardian).
Share this page
- Edinburgh Festivals
- A Differing View
- Voice Magazine
- The Arts Desk
- Broadway Baby
- The Herald
- The Telegraph
- Fest Mag
- Fringe Review
- The Skinny
- The List
- The Guardian
- British Comedy Guide: Sketch Comedy Reawakens
- WOW247: Gein's, Stephen Bailey, Phil Kay & Russell Hicks video
- The Guardian: Edinburgh sketch comedy roundup
- Voice Magazine: Pick of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2015
- Paul Sinha: FRINGEBLOG8
- The Guardian: Edinburgh fringe 2015: comedians play consequences
- Chortle: Fringe 10x10 - 10. Award winners
- Standard Issue: Standard Issue's Edinburgh picks: Part 1
- The Public Reviews: Gein's Family Giftshop and Alfie Brown preview
- Paul Sinha: Paul Sinha's Edinburgh tips
- Giggle Beats: 5 must-see sketch shows at the 2015 Edinburgh Fringe
- Time Out: 15 award winners and nominees to see at the Fringe
- Time Out: 13 second shows to see at the 2015 Fringe
- Time Out: Seven sketch comedy shows to see at the 2015 Fringe
- Laugh Out London: 20 sketch and character comedy
- The Independent: Fringe 2015: the best comedy shows to book now
- The Skinny: Hunting the Big Four: Our Comedy and Theatre Picks
Full press release
Following the critically acclaimed success of their debut show in 2014, Geins Family Giftshop return to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe this year with their second brand new show - the aptly titled Volume 2.
Ed, Kath, Jim and Kiri (the one you never see) are faster, funnier and more unpredictably peculiar than ever before, and they have an hour of brand new sketches that aren't for everyone but might just be for you.
The group is made up of Kath Hughes, Edward Easton, James Meehan and Kiri Pritchard-Mclean (the silent member in name only) and has been gigging for just over three years. They met whilst studying at The University of Salford, quickly bonding over a shared love of black comedies, serial killers and Walton Ford.
They have had a phenomenally successful twelve months during which time they were London Sketchfest 2014 Best New Sketch Act Winners and Audience Choice Award Winners; Chortle Best Newcomer Award Winners; and Noise Festival Curator's Choice Award Winners. They were also nominated for Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer and Chortle Best Sketch Act Award.
They appeared in the second series of Inside no. 9 after Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton came to see last year's show in Edinburgh. They have also been commissioned to write three one off shows by BBC Radio Wales and will be performing on Radio 4's Sketchorama, during this year's Fringe (all of which are due to be transmitted in August).