Alistair Barrie ('Excellent' Independent) is one of the most widely respected topical comics on the international circuit. In 2015 his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer which gave him some perspective on what really constitutes bad news. Come and watch another comedian make it all about himself. 'Properly smart comedy for grown-ups. By a properly smart comic' (Kate Copstick, Scotsman).
Share this show
- British Comedy Guide: Amused Moose Comedy Awards Top 10 revealed
- The Herald: Hal Cruttenden's top picks for week two of the Fringe
- The List: Fringe preview: Seriously Funny
- Beyond The Joke: Edinburgh preview: Balham Free Fringe Festival finale
- Beyond The Joke: Edinburgh preview: The Balham Free Fringe Festival
- Chortle: Fringe 10x10 - 5. Sick humour
- Paul Sinha: Paul Sinha's Edinburgh tips
- Herts and Essex Observer: Alistair Barrie and Laura Lexx interview
Full press release
In January 2015, topical comedian Alistair Barrie's wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, which gave him some perspective on what really constitutes bad news.
No More Stage Three covers the downs and occasional ups of watching your partner go through treatment for a life-threatening disease, from shared hair loss to chemo farts, shopping for breasts and the hilarious subject of statutory sick pay.
Come and watch another comedian make it all about himself. (His wife wrote that bit.)
Alistair Barrie is one of the most widely travelled and respected stand ups on the international comedy circuit. A regular with The Comedy Store's 'Cutting Edge' team, Kate Copstick described his 2013 show as "Properly smart comedy for grown-ups. By a properly smart comic." His 2012 Edinburgh show Urban Fogey was runner up in the Amused Moose Award for best show at the Fringe and Bruce Dessau recently called him "one of the comedy circuit's smartest, most versatile stand-ups."
Tweets by AlistairBarrie