Thoughtful wastrel Ahir Shah does another funny and good stand-up comedy show. It's about cigarettes, vegetarianism, extremism, disengagement, depression, environmentalism, walking, and pirates. Shah's incisive brand of stand-up combines lyrical language, emotional frankness, and sweet gags. This erudite, philosophical style has seen him perform across the UK and abroad, earning consistent acclaim and an inconsistent income. The venue is centrally located. The show is free. Nice. 'A sophisticated comedian with an elegant, eloquent style that probes beyond the superficial' **** (Chortle.co.uk). 'Charismatic and of rewardingly cerebral approach' (Guardian). 'He is made for stand-up' (List).
Share this show
- The Guardian: 10 years of Tories allows decent political comedy
- The List: Free comedy at the Fringe
- West Sussex County Times: A chance to see comedy's future stars
- Brighton Argus: Which Edinburgh previews not to miss around Brighton
- The Guardian: Standups pick the best comedy clubs