Brand new and 'utterly excellent' (BroadwayBaby.com) sketch comedy group Massive Dad make their much anticipated Edinburgh debut at the Pleasance Courtyard. Finalists in the upcoming Best New Sketch Act 2014, Stevie Martin, Tessa Coates and Liz Smith will be performing the best of their material for an hour. Book now before they sell out or the festival ends.
Share this show
- Time Out
- London Is Funny
- Loose Lips
- Edinburgh Festivals
- Fest Mag
- The List
- Laugh Out London
- The Guardian: Photo gallery: Backstage and personal
- The Guardian: The sketch show isn't over, it's just waking up
- The Times: How female comics took over the Fringe
- Such Small Portions: Edinburgh picks 2014: Sketch acts
- The List: Fringe 2014: 5 hotly-tipped sketch comedy debuts
- Cosmopolitan: 5 awesome female comedians at this year's Fringe
- Such Small Portions: Edinburgh picks 2014: Debut hours
- Laugh Out London: Best sketch and character comedy at the 2014 Fringe
Full press release
Extraordinary and brand new sketch group Massive Dad present their much anticipated Edinburgh debut.
Having burst onto the London comedy circuit in 2013, this awesome threesome already have several sold-out London shows under their belt and are regulars at the Invisible Dot New Wave. Massive Dad are one of the most exciting and talented new sketch acts on the circuit and won't stay a secret long, having been selected as one of just two debut comedy acts to be produced by the Pleasance at this year's Fringe.
Imagine, if you will, that Massive Dad are already MASSIVE in their non-specified Eastern-European homeland. The show sees the group embarking on the UK leg of their world tour, whilst attempting to explain the concept of sketch comedy to the unschooled British audiences who (they seem to think) have never encountered the genre. Though sketch comedy probably isn't the mystery they'd have you believe... rest assured that you've never seen anything like this before.
Massive Dad are Stevie Martin, Tessa Coates and Liz Smith: expect razor sharp quips, expertly choreographed routines, music, big set pieces, intelligently observed and curious characters and a killer narrative.