Award-winning Rob Beckett, Joel Dommett (Skins, C4), Tom Rosenthal (Friday Night Dinner, C4), very funny Ian Smith and deliciously dark Liam Williams are the future of British comedy. Catch them now before they're huge! 2009's show featured two Chortle best newcomer nominees, two writers for BBC Radio Comedy, two award winners and a future primetime TV star. Don't miss the class of 2010! **** (ThreeWeeks); **** (Hairline.co.uk).
Share this page
- British Comedy Guide: The Lunchtime Club feature
Full press release
Best Medicine Productions' comedy showcase, The Lunchtime Club, returns to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with a new crop of exciting young comedy talent following a critically-acclaimed debut last year.
With five new up-and-coming comics at the Tron as part of the Five Pound Fringe, there are high hopes for The Lunchtime Club: Class of 2010 which this year includes:
- Reading Comedy Festival New Act of the Year 2009 winner and Leicester Mercury Comedian of the Year 2010 finalist Rob Beckett.
- Liam Williams, Chortle Student Comedian of the Year semi-finalist.
- Laughing Horse New Act of the Year and Chortle Student Comedian of the Year finalists Tom Rosenthal, son of sports present Jim Rosenthal.
- Chortle Student Comedian of the Year finalist Ian Smith.
A creation of Jon Briley and Lisa Keddie - partners in Best Medicine Productions, formerly known as Good Sense of Humour (GSOH), the company behind the Five Pound Fringe - The Lunchtime Club offers rising acts the chance to showcase their talent at the Fringe, each performing a 10 minute set.
Last years show featured Chortle Award Best Newcomer 2010 winner and reigning Chortle Student Comedian of the Year Joe Lycett, 2009 So You Think You're Funny? winner Ivo Graham and Alfie Brown, star of Mark Watson's The Hotel at last years Fringe.
The Lunchtime Club: Class of 2010 embodies the Five Pound Fringe's aim of encouraging Edinburgh Fringe audiences to take a chance on new comedy talent that has been identified by Best Medicine as the next in line to make the breakthrough on the circuit.
Tweets by lunchtimeclub