Channel 4 Comedy Lab deadline 31.10.08 Page 3

Quote: Ladma @ October 27 2008, 12:46 PM BST

Jan Jung said that he thought there'd be around 150 production company backed entries.

Okay, cool.

Quote: catskillz @ October 26 2008, 11:40 PM BST

Is anyone just sending an idea or treatment, or are most people sending full episode scripts?

I just send a brief breakdown of about 6/7 ideas.

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ October 27 2008, 1:23 PM BST

I just send a brief breakdown of about 6/7 ideas.

Okay, thanks.

By the way, are they accepting email entries? I've just been to the site, and they don't mention it.

I phoned up Channel 4 yesterday, to ask a few questions. The most surprising bit of info I got, was that hand-written entries are accepted. Is this normal?

Quote: catskillz @ October 29 2008, 2:34 PM BST

I phoned up Channel 4 yesterday, to ask a few questions. The most surprising bit of info I got, was that hand-written entries are accepted. Is this normal?

Not really, I don't think. A bit odd that really. I wouldn't advise it anyway!

I tattooed mine on a pig and let it loose in Shane Allen's office. That way I figure I'll at least get a ham back if he doesn't like it.

:|

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 3:06 PM BST

Console

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 3:06 PM BST

? A joke or being arsey??

Quote: David Bussell @ October 29 2008, 3:12 PM BST

Console

*snigger*

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 3:37 PM BST

I suspect perfectly frank. For some reason Chip doesn't seem to subscribe to the general consensus that I'm f**king awesome.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 29 2008, 3:45 PM BST

I suspect perfectly frank. For some reason Chip doesn't seem to subscribe to the general consensus that I'm f**king awesome.

I wish you were my mum.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 3:37 PM BST

I just hadn't used that emoticon before and wanted to see how he looked. I like it. :| There's something inscrutable about him.

I've been using internet forums for over 6 years, and I still laugh at emoticons today, the way I did when I first saw them. I don't know why I find them so funny.

Quote: catskillz @ October 29 2008, 6:27 PM BST

I've been using internet forums for over 6 years, and I still laugh at emoticons today, the way I did when I first saw them. I don't know why I find them so funny.

I know what you mean. This guy, :O , is up there with Ronnie Barker, Steve Coogan and Eric Morcambe as far as I'm concerned. His work always seems fresh and original.

I decided not to bother with Comedy Lab, in the end, as I couldn't edit my sitcom down to 25 minutes. I'm just going to go the usual route, of sending it to various Production Companies. Good luck to the rest of you, though.