Status report Page 6,113

Quote: Chappers @ 21st October 2021, 6:42 PM

Well I got mine because I work for the NHS. Covid in the right arm and flu in the left.

Good.
I think I've got a month to wait for the Booster.
Had the flu jab this week.

Is it worth getting then ? I did get a text about it but you know it's been all about the Covid the Flu's not that bad is it? I used to be off work with it every Monday back in my 20's

Quote: Chappers @ 21st October 2021, 6:42 PM

Covid in the right arm and flu in the left.

Then turn around
Ladies down the middle,
And away you go,
Take yer partner by the hand
With a ho de ho.

Yeeha!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st October 2021, 3:54 PM

I caught sight of Madeley and the doctor on GMB saying they'd had their 3rd booster jab (Really? Why are you vulnerable?), and there's been grey suits saying "Don't wait to be asked - if you are vulnerable book yours now!"

So I tried, only to be told by the NHS "You are not currently eligible to book through this service"
I have COPD, it's been six months since my 2nd jab, so why am I not eligible, and how come seemingly healthy dick-heads on TV get theirs.

I won't die a happy man. Teary

Think!

They vaccinate medical staff early on because:
1. They come into contact with infected people far more often than the average person
2. They also come onto contact with the most vulnerable people so if they get Covid they present a high risk of infecting (and killing) vulnerable people

Quote: billwill @ 22nd October 2021, 1:55 AM

Think!

I have!

And I don't think the doctor on GMB has been near a surgery in years, and what makes Madeley so special.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd October 2021, 12:06 AM

Is it worth getting then ? I did get a text about it but you know it's been all about the Covid the Flu's not that bad is it? I used to be off work with it every Monday back in my 20's

Might not knock you out, but the less of it going round the better - especially with a lot of elderly people who've been shielding for so long who will be highly susceptible.
And having Covid and Flu at the same time is pretty disastrous.

Had me flu jab couple of weeks ago - quick and simple. Unlike the Covid booster. :(

The cheeky bastards!
Would you go in to a shop and say 'I would like to buy that item for this price and if you accept that price, I will also charge you administration fees.
That's what we-buy-any-car do.

I was thinking of getting a new car so of course you search around for the best price for the one you have.
Their blurb says we will buy your car within 1 hour and the money could be in your bank account within half an hour
Note the word 'could'
I let them quote and it was well under the market value.

Now to the small print. They charge a sliding scale of administration fees - into the £100's
Not only that, if you want the money in your account in 30 minutes as advertised, there's another fee... £45 thereabouts.

Sorry - no sale.

I have a rule of thumb that anyone or company that advertises excessively is going to rip you off, simply because, of course, they are making obscene shit loads of money on any transaction with you, to pay for the advertising.

Went for a quiet bike ride in Richmond Park. Got serious machete injuries from thieves who stole my penny farthing. Decided to delay going to the GP's in case I got Covid so went down the pub.

Had my drink spiked by someone who said she fancied me. Collapsed on the floor. Managed to get to the GP's somehow. Was booted out when I asked them how much we were paying for them. None of your business they said and in five minutes we are going on strike.

I mean what do you do. I sent a photo of my arse to the late DJ Dale Winterbottom on Twitter saying " save the polar bears or kiss this". Didn't even get a reply.

So that's it - I have just booked my ticket to Afghanistan where I shall make a baby with a terrorist before demanding that I return to Britain with the thousands of pounds of benefits I am entitled to. But I'm starting to regret ever meeting Zagani Nazarcliff Zigurat when we worked at MI5.

Child demanded breakfast and then whilst eating that, asked when lunch is. I went to get the Shark out to hoover up some of the coco pops that missed her huge gob, child said she can't hear her you tube. I pointed to her headphones. Child said she can't use those as she won't be able to hear where the hoover is and could get sucked up. I reminded her she has eyes, but child said her eyes would be busy with her videos. I decided the best action would be to completely ignore her and get on with the task. Child got the hump, said "I wish I had stayed a seed" and stormed off to her room. Currently it's just me coffee and this post. BLISS!

Taking a guess, the teenage years are close or happening.
How I remember those days with one of my daughters.
But now I laugh because she now has a daughter at the same age and is going through it herself.
I saw a post from her the other day on fb where she said 'fed up of coming home to bitch face

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th October 2021, 2:04 PM

But now I laugh because she now has a daughter at the same age and is going through it herself.
I saw a post from her the other day on fb where she said 'fed up of coming home to bitch face

Haha! She is 10. I don't recall my boys being like this. Or maybe I just blocked it out.

Quote: Charley @ 24th October 2021, 1:30 PM

Child demanded breakfast and then whilst eating that, asked when lunch is. I went to get the Shark out to hoover up some of the coco pops that missed her huge gob, child said she can't hear her you tube. I pointed to her headphones. Child said she can't use those as she won't be able to hear where the hoover is and could get sucked up. I reminded her she has eyes, but child said her eyes would be busy with her videos. I decided the best action would be to completely ignore her and get on with the task. Child got the hump, said "I wish I had stayed a seed" and stormed off to her room. Currently it's just me coffee and this post. BLISS!

Welcome back Charley. You get what you deserve in this life!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th October 2021, 2:04 PM

And you've been through it before!

? I don't understand that.