Status report Page 6,022

Quote: DaButt @ 24th September 2018, 2:48 AM

So that was a sonic boom that I heard, not one of my neighbors drunkenly firing a shotgun from their back porch?

They were probably surprised to see a Concorde land there, but they've seen stranger things - like a space shuttle. And you weren't even the fastest aircraft on Lackland AFB, since they have an SR-71 on display. My friends were actually there a few hours ago to show their grandson the aircraft on static display.

https://goo.gl/maps/pKW3YC17JEu

That is an ultra cool image.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 24th September 2018, 7:34 PM

That is an ultra cool image.

Did you notice the name of the street that runs right past it? I laugh every time I go on base.

Quote: DaButt @ 24th September 2018, 9:04 PM

Did you notice the name of the street that runs right past it? I laugh every time I go on base.

Yep I spotted the street name :D The base doesn't have CAT II or CAT III autoland capability which is surprising being a military base although I'm going by Flight Simulator 2004 which is pretty old. When Concorde was in service it was the only commercial airliner that could perform CAT III landings which is usually only done by military aircraft.

I watched Armageddon last night and noticed the SR-71 in the hangar scenes. I want to try something new but after Concorde subsonic aircraft are too slow so am looking for a good fighter jet sim.

Evening.

Quote: Wheel @ 26th September 2018, 10:13 PM

Evening.

Wave

Just made a rash last-minute decision to book a flight to Denver tomorrow to see Idles pay at a smallish club Monday night. They didn't come to Texas on this tour, so I shall fly 900 miles and go to them. It'll be nice to see some friends and spend a couple of days with my daughter and grandson.

Will Cam needs to poop.

Go poop in yer hat

Dirty boy.

Morning all.

Just come from my Pub Quiz tonight and we had two - yes 2 - bloody questions about American (Running around throwing and occasionally kicking the funny shaped) Football.

I mean who in their right mind gives a toss about it?

I do actually :)

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd October 2018, 11:57 PM

Just come from my Pub Quiz tonight and we had two - yes 2 - bloody questions about American (Running around throwing and occasionally kicking the funny shaped) Football.

Quizzers! ;)

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd October 2018, 11:57 PM

Pub quizzes would be pretty boring and predictable if all of the questions were about well-known subjects.

I was just listening to Sara Cox on the radio and a man rang in to say that he'd been to hospital having lost one of his oldest friends and then proceeded to play "Two becomes one" by the Spice Girls.