Status report Page 6,011

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th June 2018, 8:54 PM

On the way to work this morning I saw a poor little dog that I assumed had been hit by a car and could see it's paws under a sheet that had been placed over it. Poor little thing :( There was a police car parked up with it's lights on and the officer was talking to a lady who had a dog on a lead and she looked visibly upset but no other cars there. I'm not sure why the police attended but I think it's an offence to hit a dog and not report it. Keep thinking about it's family and how painful it must be for them tonight.

Not as painful as it probably was for the dog.

Philippians 4:13

13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th June 2018, 9:28 PM

Philippians 4:13

13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Thank-you. Without putting too finer point on it say I'm the only bee in your bonnet. What I meant to say is without putting too finer point on it I appreciate that.

It happened near a place I walk through every day and as I walked past the woman with the dog and saw the sadness in her eyes I wanted to say something but I knew I would have got in the way and besides I had minutes to get to work or I would clock in late and I wore out the lateness excuses long ago so even tending to a dead pet would probably fall on deaf ears. I didn't mention it at work because dead dog material is a real downer. Probably as down as you can get. Chappers is sincere with his jape antics but I'm sure he will soon take a more subdued view over the deeply sad affair that unfolded today almost in front of my very eyes.

OK - I'm waiting..............

It takes a dog lover to understand the impact of such a terrible thing Tarby, non dog lovers simply can't relate to the issue in the same way, that's just how it is. As I dog lover I found it sad .

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 26th June 2018, 8:47 AM

It takes a dog lover to understand the impact of such a terrible thing Tarby, non dog lovers simply can't relate to the issue in the same way, that's just how it is. As I dog lover I found it sad .

I love dogs. in fact I'm going to a Korean restaurant tonight.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th June 2018, 6:04 PM

I'm going to a Korean restaurant tonight.

Very paw taste.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th June 2018, 8:32 PM

No. You shouldn't take it for granted that everyone is hip and cool like you. How I hate those sort of phrases!

I'm a busy man, Chappers, so don't have time to provide a background on everything I post. If you don't understand something I post then perhaps you should try not worrying instead. Resorting to expletives in a public forum to question the validity of what I've posted is just childish. You've let yourself down.

Oohhh, we haven't had a good spat around here for ages. Must be the heat.Kissing

Quote: Ben @ 27th June 2018, 9:00 AM

I'm a busy man, Chappers, so don't have time to provide a background on everything I post. If you don't understand something I post then perhaps you should try not worrying instead. Resorting to expletives in a public forum to question the validity of what I've posted is just childish. You've let yourself down.

Oh no Ben. I'm so sorry. I don't know how I can face the world. Maybe I should just end it all right here and now.

Plenty time to tell us your barber habits.

Very mature response, Chappers.

And as for Goodlad, again, I'm struggling to get your point. I stated I don't have time to provide a background to every status update as it's not necessary. I'm happy to post a two second status update.

Quote: Ben @ 27th June 2018, 5:19 PM

Very mature response, Chappers.

And as for Goodlad, again, I'm struggling to get your point. I stated I don't have time to provide a background to every status update as it's not necessary. I'm happy to post a two second status update.

You are obviously an extremely busy young man. It must take forever to maintain your beard into the perfect state it needs to be.

Guys! Guys! Look at us! Squabbling, bick-er-ing....

Played 6 a side football with the work guys tonight for an hour and was knackered after 5 minutes. I thought I would do better but all that constant sprinting is hard work and under a baking sun didn't help. It's a weekly thing so I need to get fitter. And learn how to play football as well because I am totally shit at it and always have been.

Ben is drinking coffee as he needs to stay up late once the baby/toddler finally goes to sleep.