Status report Page 5,996

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th January 2018, 9:27 AM

And reading the sleeve notes, as you sat there waiting for the first "click" that you know is coming up mid way through track 1. Unimpressed

At least if there was a click on one track, you could move the needle over it or on to the next track. With a CD that's it - completely useless. Despite Raymond Baxter telling us that one could smear a CD with jam and it would still play.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th January 2018, 10:43 PM

Despite Raymond Baxter telling us that one could smear a CD with jam and it would still play.

Laughing out loud I too remember them saying that on TW - what a load of bollocks, especially with DVDs.

My record player is set up in my Studio/Play Room and I've been listening to Argent's Live Encore album and Widowmaker. I'm snapping up vinyl all over the place.

(Ironically whilst putting together my CD rack from IKEA.)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th January 2018, 10:43 PM

At least if there was a click on one track, you could move the needle over it or on to the next track. With a CD that's it - completely useless. Despite Raymond Baxter telling us that one could smear a CD with jam and it would still play.

Maybe the jam helps to clean them.

It never ceases to amaze me when a word comes up on say television I am watching or hear somebody say or, in this case, I have read in a book.

I have just posted on the Inside No 9 thread about Ten Green/Brown bottles in the Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room episode and five minutes later am continuing to read my Will Hay biog., and the first thing I read is about a new pre-war radio series where one of the characters is called Greenbottle.

This has happened to me on a number of occasions - Spooky :S

Perhaps I am physic. :D

Yes Chappers, I meant that - I haven't misspelt it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th January 2018, 10:42 AM

Perhaps I am physic. :D

Yes Chappers, I meant that - I haven't misspelt it.

I was tempted as well... :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 13th January 2018, 11:42 AM

I was tempted as well... :D

Yers, I have to be especially careful where you are concerned. Bloody foreigners coming over here trying to correct us. :P

Got bit by a great big 'oss yesterday.
Just walking by, it's head was over the fence and without warning it lunged and bit me very hard on the tit.
The bruises of its teeth marks are horrendous.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th January 2018, 4:16 PM

Just walking by, it's head was over the fence and without warning it lunged and bit me very hard on the tit.

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

And your wife believed you.................you jammy git.

It's a bit awkward photographing your own bustitular area - you don't know where you are aiming.

One bleedin hoss bite

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th January 2018, 7:32 PM

One bleedin hoss bite

Dang!

That looks like a buttock. Just what were you doing to the poor horse?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th January 2018, 7:32 PM

It's a bit awkward photographing your own bustitular area - you don't know where you are aiming.

One bleedin hoss bite

She was a big girl!

Some people pay a lot of money for that sort of thing.

Oh dear. :( Just found out that another dear friend (a bit younger than me!!) has died.

RIP Steve.