Status report Page 5,974

I got a letter from the council at the beginning of the year explaining why the council tax was going up by 15% and why public amenities were going to be closed.
Part of it stated that all public toilets apart from the ones in their main town center will be closed - permanently.
They have absolutely no money to maintain or repair them.

There is not a single bog anywhere now.

Then last week, they were proud to announce they have built a brand new toilet in the middle of town next to the only working public toilets in the West Yorkshire area for transgender use only.
They didn't say 'what to what' so maybe they will have to build two transgender toilets for either way.

Well I've done me vote, may the best man win.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 8th June 2017, 6:44 PM

Or woman!

On Graham Norton's show last week they said that Tom Cruise is the top actor in the world today.

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen one of his films - ever!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 8th June 2017, 6:44 PM

Well I haven't done me vote,, cos I couldn't give a f**k. Tomorrow will be no different to yesterday. Same shit, different day.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th June 2017, 8:55 PM

On Graham Norton's show last week they said that Tom Cruise is the top actor in the world today.

Then you have missed some very good films.

Indeed.
And this is one of the funniest cameos I've ever seen.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th June 2017, 10:14 AM

I got a letter from the council at the beginning of the year explaining why the council tax was going up by 15% and why public amenities were going to be closed.
Part of it stated that all public toilets apart from the ones in their main town center will be closed - permanently.
They have absolutely no money to maintain or repair them.

There is not a single bog anywhere now.

Then last week, they were proud to announce they have built a brand new toilet in the middle of town next to the only working public toilets in the West Yorkshire area for transgender use only.
They didn't say 'what to what' so maybe they will have to build two transgender toilets for either way.

This country is f**ked:(

Because of a toilet? That's the thing that's happened recently that makes you think the country's f**ked...?

It's all part of 'them' straws on't donkeys back

I hope you mean people who build extraneous toilets rather than transgender people.

Are you gearing up to take offence on their behalf?
The point was. the council want more money each year (a lot more than the rate of inflation)
but have to cut services to the bone and close amenities. (including all male or female toilets)
They have even published a list of shops and pubs that have toilets on their premises (private - not council toilets)
And the ones that are installing even 'none binary' ones. (a new word finding its way into common use)

I have absolutely nothing against them and I am sure it causes great distress and embarrassment if you are busting for a wee and don't know which toilet to go in. (I bet all of us have walked in the wrong toilet at some time or other - and still remember it)
It just rankles that in these austere times minorities are pampered to for fear of not being PC but f**k Joe Average

Quote: Chappers @ 8th June 2017, 8:55 PM

Rain Man is good, very good actually and Top Gun, after those I can't really say I'd go out of my way to see any of his films.

I'm not 'gearing up' for anything.
I highly doubt any transgender people want special toilets built. They just want to mind their own business and use the one they're supposed to. (Shame some other people make a fuss when they do.)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 10th June 2017, 10:46 AM

Rain Man is good, very good actually and Top Gun, after those I can't really say I'd go out of my way to see any of his films.

Those two are excellent! And um... what the heck is the one where he's a barman.
And Risky Business. Basically all his old ones.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th June 2017, 11:55 PM

Well I haven't done me vote,, cos I couldn't give a f**k.

If only there were more people with that attitude...:(

Quote: zooo @ 10th June 2017, 10:48 AM

Those two are excellent! And um... what the heck is the one where he's a barman.
And Risky Business. Basically all his old ones.

Cocktail! I'd forgotten about that one.

I now realise I've made the mistake of using the word 'business' in a post about using the toilet.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 10th June 2017, 10:51 AM

Cocktail! I'd forgotten about that one.

Yes!!
80s films. <3

I love Dustin Hoffman, the real star of Rain Man, in anything though, Tootsie has got to be one of the best 80's films.