Status report Page 5,968

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th May 2017, 10:08 AM

Talk about up and down

So in other words, your eyes popped out when you saw the female Dr and she then played a dirty "Just kidding" game on you. I didn't know uniformed teasers were available on the NHS. Good to hear it ended well. Next time can you illustrate your Dr stories with photos please ?:$

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th May 2017, 10:08 AM

So, just come back from the hospital for a post eye op. check and talk about Bad news Good news.

She (the Doc.) says to me "Well we'll check the pressures in your eyes in a moment after the drops have taken effect, but if it hasn't made any difference (it hadn't on the day just after the op. :( ), we'll have to have a full blown eye operation which MAY cause blindness"................Oh great.

So she's checking my bad left eye and says she has wonderful news as the pressure in my left eye is now the same as my OK right eye...............................PHEW!! It has NEVER been that normal in all the 20 odd years I have been having my eyes checked.

Talk about up and down emotions!!

That's good news, four eyes! I'm happy for you!

Quote: Firkin @ 26th May 2017, 10:55 AM

So in other words, your eyes popped out when you saw the female Dr and she then played a dirty "Just kidding" game on you. I didn't know uniformed teasers were available on the NHS. Good to hear it ended well. Next time can you illustrate your Dr stories with photos please ?:$

Er, I think you have been watching too many Carry On films. :D

She was about mid 50s in tweed suit. Very pleasant but that's it, but perhaps that would turn you on, you dirty boy. :P

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th May 2017, 11:14 AM

That's good news, four eyes! I'm happy for you!

Thanx, I think. Pleased

Yes, good to hear a happy story amid all the gloom and doom.

So it was a bright and very hot sunny day as I set out this morning to get the newspaper and mags. for my wife, and half way there it came over black and there was a very good imitation of the end of the world. :O

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening and I got f**king soaked in the few steps from car to shop. Angry

We had INSANE amounts of lightning at about 3 am. Worst storm I've ever seen.

If it was that time, you must live in the south west then as I am in East Anglia.

3am here and I'm having actual insane musical hallucinations. They're pretty quiet though. Just sounds like a radio in the next room or something. But it's country music! I hate country music. Whyyyy? (Why do I always kill time on this forum when I'm a bit out of my mind. if I'm annoying tell me to go away, and I'll find somwhere else to ramble) :D

Okay, going to try to sleep...again. It's not working out as planned, but work is going to suck tomorrow, er, today if I don't sleep a bit.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th May 2017, 11:32 AM

If it was that time, you must live in the south west then as I am in East Anglia.

Now a glorious spring morning. Can never say you are bored with the weather in the UK.

Lol, definitely time to sleep!
I sometimes am convinced I can hear my phone alarm when I can't. It's a very quiet gentle plinky music so it doesn't give me a heart attack first thing in the morning, but makes it easy to imagine I can hear it in the background.

Good detecting, Herc. I'm in Somerset!

It's too late, I have to be up for work in 40 minutes anyway now. At least the music switched from country to like...mellow death metal? Or something. I don't know. It's kind of soothing though. I think we all have phantom phone noise/vibration syndrome at some point. I think part of the issue now is that there's a fan on in the other room and the fan noise gets all weirdified by my sleep-deprived brain and it sounds like an old timey radio playing, well, currently death metal. It has lyrics though, and guitars and drums, no bass though. (Ignore me. I've lost it. Actually, out of curiosity, has any of the random stuff I've posted today made any sense. I can never tell how coherent or incoherent I am when my brain goes wonky like this. I feel like I'm making sense, but maybe I'm not. Reality check, please!)

(sidenote: I love all of the Somerset jokes in TMWRNJ. Where in Somerset is Richard Herring from anyway?)

Cheddar I think!
Near the lovely Cheddar Gorge.

I would say you've been at least 90% coherent. Which is a lot more than some members!

Hey, not bad! I'll take 90%. Whew. That's a bit of a relief. I'm sure if I look back at what I've written a few days from now I'll be facepalming at whatever idiotic things I've said but hopefully at least some of it is vaguely amusing, or at the very least, not too annoying. Some communities have a village idiot...you lot are stuck with a village nutter. (soz)

Cheddar, that's right!

Lack of sleep is a bit of a killer healthwise, especially mentally, it can do all sorts to the system. I know I can't cope without a proper nights sleep, There was an excellent programme on the other night...The Truth About Sleep with Dr Michael Mosley, an insomniac, he investigated all sorts of reasons and cures, interestingly, one insomniac got relief by eating kiwi fruit before bedtime and Michael himself got a good (for him) result from some powered fibre I think it was that he shook in his tea.

Interesting! I have bipolar disorder, so I have this sort of counterintuitive thing of getting more energized and peppy and hyper the less I sleep, which is what's been going on for the past couple of days. I feel like I function amazingly well when I don't sleep but in reality I'm probably a pretty scattered disorganized mess. But At least I'm not tired!

I think tonight I'm going to take benadryl in addition to my usual psych meds since they haven't been doing the trick these past few nights. The sleep med I normally take has been an absolute wonder drug for me. I've been on ambien and seroquel and a million other things and they all either left me groggy, brain dead, made me fat, did organ damage, or just didn't work. I've been an insomniac my entire life. For the first 25 years of my life (I'm 27) I was getting at worst no sleep, and at best about 6 hours, but usually only managing 2-5 hours a night. It really took a toll on my health and made my depressive episodes last between 8 months and 3.5 years, which is...very not fun. But now I take this mild blood pressure medication called clonidine that works for anxiety during the day, and at night it knocks me right out. No side effects, no tolerance, not addictive, no brain fog, no grogginess, and it only takes a quarter of a miligram to work. My quality of life has gotten SO much better since being prescribed clonidine, but I still get manic and depressive blips here and there, and mania tends to pop up in Spring time for me for some reason. So yeah I'll take benadryl tonight (diphenhydramine) with my regular meds to really zonk out and get a full night's sleep. I don't like to take benadryl because it leaves me very groggy in the morning. But it's good in "emergency" situations. I'm fine. I mean I feel fine. But I know I need to be vigilant when the psychosis starts creeping in. I also have a tendency to overshare when slightly manic....like right now!

I wonder if I can track down that programme about sleep. The kiwi thing sounds weird, but I do love kiwis. Was it a pretty scientifically rigorous programme?