Status report Page 5,967

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 22nd May 2017, 8:48 PM

Just been out for a run and found a £20 note on the pavement. Which was nice.

In 1966 I found a 10 shilling note. (Brown with 10 shillings written on it)
I took me and my two sisters to the swimming baths and Cornish pasty and beans all round afterwards.

I love Cornish pasty and beans nearly as much as I love bangers, mash and beansLoveyLovey

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd May 2017, 8:33 PM

In 1966 I found a 10 shilling note. (Brown with 10 shillings written on it)
I took me and my two sisters to the swimming baths and Cornish pasty and beans all round afterwards.

Is that all? I'd have thought you'd go to the pictures and take a day trip to Bangor.

10 bob wouldn't pay for all that.

Cue Fiddler's Dram :D

What would 10 shillings be worth today?

They say money doubles every 10 years so by that formulae 10 shillings would be worth £32

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd May 2017, 10:34 PM

Cue Fiddler's Dram :D

What would 10 shillings be worth today?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd May 2017, 10:40 PM

They say money doubles every 10 years so by that formulae 10 shillings would be worth £32

According to an inflation calculator £8.89

Lee has been enjoying fatherhood for over 4 months now and is finally getting a full night's rest.

Has the baby gone off on its holidays?

Yes, he wouldn't tell me where, but looking forward to a postcard.

Quote: Lee @ 25th May 2017, 9:52 PM

Lee has been enjoying fatherhood for over 4 months now and is finally getting a full night's rest.

Make the most of it because they have a tendency to lull you before returning with a vengeance.

Yes. Our older one started up with a vengeance at one-year-old. The next 3 years were Hell. He'd wake up just after we fell asleep and carry on till 4 a.m. Not crying. He used to babble away and laugh his head off. I used to wonder what the Hell he found so funny, lying on his own, in the dark (he didn't need a light) till 4a.m. Must remember to ask him when he comes home tomorrow for the weekend!

I didn't get a nights sleep for 4 years with my first 2. Number 3 wasn't bad, in fact as a toddler he wouldn't come out of his room in the morning unless we went and got him. This lasted until he was about 4 when he suddenly arrived in our bedroom with the immortal words "You won't believe this, but I can open my door myself!" And that was the end of f**king that.

My dog taught himself how to open doors (sounds like the opening line to a gag)
But he did!
The first time he got outside and went for a walk alone, I thought I had left the door open.
The second time he went for a steady stroll to take the air - I knew he could do it.

The main outside door has deadlocks and many locking bolts but he got up on his back legs and pressed the handle
until it went down then got his claws around the door and pulled it open.
I have changed it to a round knob now (could have been a knob gag see)
He has tried but can't get the purchase.

So, just come back from the hospital for a post eye op. check and talk about Bad news Good news.

She (the Doc.) says to me "Well we'll check the pressures in your eyes in a moment after the drops have taken effect, but if it hasn't made any difference (it hadn't on the day just after the op. :( ), we'll have to have a full blown eye operation which MAY cause blindness"................Oh great.

So she's checking my bad left eye and says she has wonderful news as the pressure in my left eye is now the same as my OK right eye...............................PHEW!! It has NEVER been that normal in all the 20 odd years I have been having my eyes checked.

Talk about up and down emotions!!