Status report Page 5,964

I remember talk of us merging with Fulham in the 80s to become Fulham Park Rangers!! Feel sorry for you Billy.

Just back from the optician and I can't see properly because of the eye drops. I was almost tempted to do some ironing which wouldn't require very clear vision, but I managed to resist.

Is there any job more messy than applying GunGum to a leak in a car exhaust system.

Bill.................WHY are you repairing an exhaust? That's the sort of thing I used to do 50 odd years ago when I had no money for a new one............................apart from which I doubt if my shape will let me crawl under a car now. :(

I remember cutting coke cans up and wrapping them around the exhaust pipe hole then sealing them.
It lasted for a few weeks until the gasses burnt their way through again :)

Nowadays you just throw the car away and get a new one.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th May 2017, 9:38 AM

I remember cutting coke cans up and wrapping them around the exhaust pipe hole then sealing them.
It lasted for a few weeks until the gasses burnt their way through again :)

Laughing out loud When I read Coke cans I thought you were going to go on to say the wheeze I had to do once when we discovered that the ball joint on the anti-roll bar had gone small egg shaped and I fitted a can around them before clamping it all up again.

Passed the MOT though. :D

God, those were the days when me and my mates were all driving around in death-traps.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th May 2017, 7:19 AM

Bill.................WHY are you repairing an exhaust? That's the sort of thing I used to do 50 odd years ago when I had no money for a new one............................apart from which I doubt if my shape will let me crawl under a car now. :(

a) I have no money for a new one. :)
b) it's the output pipe of the catalytic convertor, the most expensive part of the exhaust system. The cheap end has fallen off the expensive part.
c) it was difficult to crawl under the car, even after jacking one side up.
d) I'm used to doing car repairs as I do all the repairs & adjustments on my classic sports car and though this was my mundane car (MPV) I tend to do any light-weight jobs myself.
e) The MOTs are due.

Noo, noo, noo, noo, noo, haven't done car maintenance since the mid 1970s when I used to work on my Marcos and that was very limited.

Have absolutely no interest in it now.

Get a coke can on it

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th May 2017, 3:20 PM

Noo, noo, noo, noo, noo, haven't done car maintenance since the mid 1970s when I used to work on my Marcos and that was very limited.

Have absolutely no interest in it now.

I have absolutely NO interest in car maintenance. I just about know where the petrol goes in.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th May 2017, 3:42 PM

Get a coke can on it

You taken too many pills again or supped one too many pints as that is what you said this morning. :P

Just had the spam email to end all. It came allegedly from a friend who died a year past in January. If this has gone out to all in his address book, how awful for his close relatives.

:(

I have a fick ed this morning.
120 mins of football + pens on a Wednesday night has taken its toll
And the winners only decided by the very last kick of the game......
Oh, and a wee dram.
But now I know where I will be 29 5 17.