Status report Page 5,933

What a disgusting experience!

Aye not one one I'm planning on experiencing again any time soon.

Don't know what it is with me and trains, something always happens when I'm on one. The last time it was a fire next to the track which made me get to where I was going five hours later than I should have been there. This was a few weeks ago on what had been the hottest day of the year so far and the train people decided not to run the ac, open any Windows or even any of the doors to let air in. The train was rammed full to. We were stuck there for about two and a half hours before any air got in. Turned out Tim Vine was on the same train as me though I only discovered this when I was looking on Twitter later on.

Another time I had an old guy literally rip a newspaper out of my hand while I was reading it. It wasn't one I'd found laying around either it was given to me by someone at the station as it was one of the free ones.mthe guy even complained to the train manager later on the I had my music on to loud and he could hear it the far end of the carriage even though I had my earbuds in. This was utter bollocks because a guy who was sat next to me got involved when the train manager came over to talk about it it, he said he'd been talking to me ever since the train left the departure station and not once had I had any music playing so the old guy was either delusional or just trying to cause trouble for whatever reason.

I should probably drive everywhere after I pass my test.

Quote: Sarc @ 17th July 2016, 12:36 AM BST

I did think of that but then as I'd booked my ticket and reserved the seat so I was determined not to move on principal.

I did think of that but then as I'd booked my ticket and reserved the seat so I was determined not to move on principal.

I'm with zooo - I would have moved; I did the same in the cinema a few weeks ago when it was 90% empty and two people sat next to me prior to 'The Enfield Haunting', so I uppped and left for a higher and better seat.

A similar thing happened to me en route from London to Leeds for work a few years ago, this time with a large member of my staff. Phew - it was awful. These days I'm much more assertive and can blame my Asperger's!

Quote: Sarc @ 17th July 2016, 11:52 AM BST

Aye not one one I'm planning on experiencing again any time soon.

Don't know what it is with me and trains, something always happens when I'm on one. The last time it was a fire next to the track which made me get to where I was going five hours later than I should have been there. This was a few weeks ago on what had been the hottest day of the year so far and the train people decided not to run the ac, open any Windows or even any of the doors to let air in. The train was rammed full to. We were stuck there for about two and a half hours before any air got in. Turned out Tim Vine was on the same train as me though I only discovered this when I was looking on Twitter later on.

Another time I had an old guy literally rip a newspaper out of my hand while I was reading it. It wasn't one I'd found laying around either it was given to me by someone at the station as it was one of the free ones.mthe guy even complained to the train manager later on the I had my music on to loud and he could hear it the far end of the carriage even though I had my earbuds in. This was utter bollocks because a guy who was sat next to me got involved when the train manager came over to talk about it it, he said he'd been talking to me ever since the train left the departure station and not once had I had any music playing so the old guy was either delusional or just trying to cause trouble for whatever reason.

I should probably drive everywhere after I pass my test.

You should have filmed the old guy on your mobile phone and sent the footage to the train company for a refund!

I could have done but then, and I can't believe I'm saying this, it wasn't really the train company's fault the old guy was a massive bell end.

I did get a full refund and then some for the fire affected journey. When I emailed them about that I was actually on the train and it wasn't long after I sent it that doors and such were opened so I can't help but think my email might have had something to do with it.

Quote: Sarc @ 17th July 2016, 4:03 PM BST

I could have done but then, and I can't believe I'm saying this, it wasn't really the train company's fault the old guy was a massive bell end.

I did get a full refund and then some for the fire affected journey. When I emailed them about that I was actually on the train and it wasn't long after I sent it that doors and such were opened so I can't help but think my email might have had something to do with it.

I guess so, I'm glad that you got a refund though as train travel is hugely expensive these days. Your story reminded me of an old lady who resides in a side street off of mine - I was walking my young autistic son home from school and the woman collared us and started moaning about the amount of litter on the pavement, suggesting that I should don some gloves and clean it up. Hmm - I walked off ...

Ben wishes he had an air conditioned bedroom, although he must admit that the fan next to the bed is doing an okay job at keeping him cool.

It's too hot for me! Why can't it just be sunny and nice?

Sunny and cold would be ideal.

COME ON, AUTUMN.

I like it when I don't think about the weather at all. It's neither too hot or too cold. Let's get some mother fudging Goldilocks weather up in here!

Quote: Lee @ 18th July 2016, 1:18 PM BST

Let's get some mother fudging Goldilocks weather up in here!

Bless you my son.......... Angelic

Anyway...................

The mind boggles..........had to pop into Tesco this morning to get a couple of things I had missed off my shopping delivery and the fact that they do not deliver clothing, so wondered what the lady on the check was thinking when she gave me an odd look at my basket containing a packet of men's briefs, a large bottle of light soy sauce and two packets of kippers.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th July 2016, 3:58 PM BST

:D

Handbags holstered (for now..) Hug

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th July 2016, 3:58 PM BST

a packet of men's briefs, a large bottle of light soy sauce and two packets of kippers.

If that's not the equipment for a world class, yet mildly revolting, practical joke hen someone's missing a trick.

Not one for talking about dreams usually as I'm the first one to let his mind wander off and think about other things when someone near me starts talking about them but at the moment I'm wondering that if dreams really are meant to signify something then what the buggering f**k did the one I had last night mean?.
Last night I dreamt about having a reoccurring dream about having a reoccurring dream.
Woke up at one point then went straight off again where I dreamt I was going round various shops complaining about a lack of decent fancy dress costumes. God knows why that was as I've only ever done fancy dress twice in my life as I have no interest in it. Once when I was a little kid and for some reason was dressed as a milk bottle and later on as a Gangster at a Gangster and Moll themed birthday do.,

Sounds like you want to be somebody different from who you are (statement of the obvious).

All things considered on other threads you've possibly nailed it right there Keewik