Status report Page 5,932

Well done, little Ben!

Over the years, I've studiously avoided knowing what the hell Pokemon is. Now everybody seems to be talking about it, I give in. What is it?

Quote: keewik @ 15th July 2016, 8:54 PM BST

Over the years, I've studiously avoided knowing what the hell Pokemon is. Now everybody seems to be talking about it, I give in. What is it?

I asked this question on facebook. I didn't really understand the answer. I think I'll stop trying to find out.

Ourlives will.probably lack nothing for not knowing.

Quote: keewik @ 15th July 2016, 9:09 PM BST

Ourlives will.probably lack nothing for not knowing.

Agree but am slightly worried about being left behind.
Should I dig out our original Hero Turtle Mutant Ninja Somethingorother toys and give them a clean? While I'm at it I might get all the Enid Blyton books down from the attic.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 14th July 2016, 11:32 PM BST

That's no way to talk about Ben's English Rose, even though this is The Modern World, and That's Entertainment. She's far too Precious and anyway Ben's Mr. Clean. He and Mrs Ben may be Absolute Beginners, but When You're Young, there's nothing like a fresh Start!, with Dreams Of Children. :)

Laughing out loud

Pokemon was a game when you had to collect various animals. The Go! version has a variety of games to capture said animals at real locations (or kind of).

Quote: zooo @ 15th July 2016, 7:35 PM BST

I caught 11 today.

Woooo!

Daughter did her first battle under a bridge, and I learned they supposedly appear near water but despite hanging around looking furtive by a lake they were a no show, the little beggars.

Quote: Will Cam @ 14th July 2016, 9:41 PM BST

Will Cam has the house to himself and is watching The Story of The Jam on Sky Arts, very good it is too.

Best programme on The Jam I've seen.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 15th July 2016, 9:57 PM BST

Pokemon was a game when you had to collect various animals. The Go! version has a variety of games to capture said animals at real locations (or kind of).

Who puts them there? If I go out and Lassoo a sheep, does that count?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 11th July 2016, 9:31 PM BST

Congrats!

And thanks for reminding me of these gems. :)

These are brilliant and I'm sold on the DVD now. I have to admit I've not seen any of it but am a big fan of Enfield and Whitehouse. The actresses are spot on and there's something in a Polish/Ukranian/Russian langauges that I find a bit sexy. Maybe it's because it always seems humourless and deadpan.

I've been moving stuff in for the last few days and already got a few whiffs of weed so they are obviously dope heads. FFS do I have unlucky stamped on my forehead. The landlord also worried me when he just let himself in to their flat while they were in. I was stood back and didn't see them but they didn't seem to mind him letting himself in. What if he walked in when they were coming out of the shower etc. If he ever does that to me I'll definitely mind and our relationship will sour very quickly. I'm already planning on getting some USB cameras to make sure he doesn't think he can just come and go as he pleases.

The Polish girls used to live in my flat and moved down a level when it became vacant a few weeks ago and he was seeing if they still had any keys. I heard one of them say "no I left in Poland" (no I left it in Poland)

:D

It's time for some freshly ground coffee.

Is on holidays for two weeks.

Is stiff as hell after being in a train for four and a half hours while being rammed up against the window for the entire f**king journey by a massive fat bastard who thought He'd sit on my side of the seats as well as his.
No amount of squirming, coughing or asking politely in a passive aggressive way would get him to move his lardy arse.
Seriously he was that big yet I have no idea why he sat next to me when there was entire rows of seats free. When I got off the train I thought I felt a bit sweaty and the sleeve of my right arm was soaking wet, to cut a long story short it wasn't me that was sweaty, the cause of moisture was not me, yes folks, I was drenched in another mans sweat. That is something I never want to happen again.

I would have moved. Probably would have changed carriages so he thought I'd got off (otherwise he might be offended).

I did think of that but then as I'd booked my ticket and reserved the seat so I was determined not to move on principal.

I did think of that but then as I'd booked my ticket and reserved the seat so I was determined not to move on principal.