Status report Page 5,496

Quote: KLRiley @ 10th January 2014, 8:12 AM GMT

Riley can't decide whether to go into the office or work from home.

Your advice please.

You have such a choice? And you need to ask?!

Home. Home. Home.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ 10th January 2014, 8:26 AM GMT

You have such a choice? And you need to ask?!

Home. Home. Home.

I know but Riley has the opportunity to score massive brownie points for being in today as none of the top three layers of management are around and Riley would be in charge. Riley needs a lot of brownie points. Equally Riley quite enjoys the prospect of sitting at the computer in pjs all day. To head into London dressed thus might be construed as taking dress-down Friday too far and cause comment on the Victoria line.

It's really cold today, stay home!

Quote: KLRiley @ 10th January 2014, 9:11 AM GMT

I know but Riley has the opportunity to score massive brownie points for being in today as none of the top three layers of management are around and Riley would be in charge. Riley needs a lot of brownie points. Equally Riley quite enjoys the prospect of sitting at the computer in pjs all day. To head into London dressed thus might be construed as taking dress-down Friday too far and cause comment on the Victoria line.

Ah yes, then Riley does, indeed, have a dilemma. I'm merely envious that Riley has the choice! If it's more than 3 brownie points, go in.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ 10th January 2014, 9:27 AM GMT

Ah yes, then Riley does, indeed, have a dilemma. I'm merely envious that Riley has the choice! If it's more than 3 brownie points, go in.

Riley has decided on a compromise as Riley has already paid for the season ticket. Home/work sandwich. Arrive late. Leave early and get someone else to pay for lunch.

Thank you for your advice. Off to tot up brownie points.

Quote: Harridan @ 10th January 2014, 9:26 AM GMT

It's really cold today, stay home!

But I have to pay for the heating at home. You (the general public) pay for my heating at work.

A highly logical conclusion, Mr Spock.

You will all no doubt be relieved to hear that I slept pretty well last night. Zooo's "lie with arms and legs straight" trick proved surprisingly effective.

Quote: KLRiley @ 10th January 2014, 8:12 AM GMT

Riley can't decide whether to go into the office or work from home.

Your advice please.

I had the same dilemma this morning. It took me all of 0.5 of a second to reach a decision...

My decision was also influenced by the fact that all the managers are away, on a two day training course as it happens.

While I could have had a quiet day in the office I can have an even quieter one here.

Quote: Jennie @ 10th January 2014, 12:03 AM GMT

Anyone got any good insomnia cures? Haven't slept until 4am the last four nights and it is starting to do my head in :(

I generally find that a wank does the trick.

Quote: Jennie @ 10th January 2014, 10:35 AM GMT

You will all no doubt be relieved to hear that I slept pretty well last night. Zooo's "lie with arms and legs straight" trick proved surprisingly effective.

Wooo!

Interesting week. Been given a hard time by people who don't really appreciate that some projects simply can't be folded neatly into (small) tidy time frames. Slightly miffed to get a bit of a rollicking for working my balls off while they've been on a long Christmas break.

Ben is currently planning his lunchtime maneuvers which seem to have become rather complex due to his insistence on getting various things from various supermarkets to save money.

Gordon is thinking about going to the cinema tonight to watch the second Hobbit movie.

Who you going to take, Gordon?

The desolation of Gordon

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 10th January 2014, 11:59 AM GMT

Gordon is thinking about going to the cinema tonight to watch the second Hobbit movie.

Take a cushion....