Status report Page 5,441

It is really interesting. I'd like to see if they define a difference between psychopath and sociopath, as at one time they were classed as different complaints but more recently I've read they are viewed as one and the same.

Don't they say that technically all toddlers are psychopaths?

How did when do that?

How did when do that?

Quote: zooo @ 9th December 2013, 11:52 PM GMT

I'm willing to get behind that idea. Little f**kers.

Quote: zooo @ 9th December 2013, 11:52 PM GMT

I know Hitler was small but...

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 9th December 2013, 11:50 PM GMT

It is really interesting. I'd like to see if they define a difference between psychopath and sociopath, as at one time they were classed as different complaints but more recently I've read they are viewed as one and the same.

Yeah! I read that. The distinction I once read was that psychopaths are those whose ability to empathise and plan is the result of a brain abnormality - so they tend to be clumsy, crazy murderers who get caught. The person who everybody points to when there's a murder, basically, because they're so obviously murderers.

But sociopaths are the cunning, manipulative types who would never be suspected.

But I also read recently that a distinction is no longer made.

Quote: Harridan @ 9th December 2013, 11:52 PM GMT

:D

Quote: sglen @ 9th December 2013, 11:53 PM GMT

Yeah! I read that. The distinction I once read was that psychopaths are those whose ability to empathise and plan is the result of a brain abnormality - so they tend to be clumsy, crazy murderers who get caught. The person who everybody points to when there's a murder, basically, because they're so obviously murderers.

But sociopaths are the cunning, manipulative types who would never be suspected.

I like the idea of a sociopath rolling his eyes at how gauche the psychopaths are.

Quote: Harridan @ 9th December 2013, 11:56 PM GMT

I like the idea of a sociopath rolling his eyes at how gauche the psychopaths are.

Laughing out loud

Sherlock says he's a highly functioning sociopath.
I <3 highly functioning sociopaths.

(Who look like Sherlock.)

Quote: zooo @ 9th December 2013, 11:59 PM GMT

Sherlock says he's a highly functioning sociopath.
I <3 highly functioning sociopaths.

(Who look like Sherlock.)

Wrong thread, pervert.

I am so going to get you.
*musters up all her 9%*

Quote: sglen @ 9th December 2013, 11:53 PM GMT

I read a book called 'The Sociopath Next Door' a while back, that was a really good tome on the subject.
Another one 'In Sheep's Clothing', is spot on.
Ex boyfriend down to a tee.

Quote: zooo @ 10th December 2013, 12:01 AM GMT

I am so going to get you.
*musters up all her 9%*

:P

Here's a question - all the TV shows that feature variations on the Sherlock-style sociopath, which character do you normally identify with the most?

Quote: Harridan @ 9th December 2013, 11:52 PM GMT

Laughing out loud I do remember worrying that my older son was a psychopath when he was 2!