Status report Page 5,440

Ask Jennie, but I think that might be totally legal, yes.

27%; I am nicer than Nils, but not a total girlie.

I'm 42% psychopath! Apparently all that means is that I'm not a flighty push-over, though. I went for snake, which sounds very melodramatic, but I don't really go in for cutesy animals, I prefer ones with interesting biological traits. Oh dear, that makes me sound a bit serial killer.

I'm not asking what anyone answered, but I do hope no one said they don't care if an animal feels pain. :(

Interesting as that programme sounds, it does smack of sensationalism, what are they hoping to achieve by it?? unless there is a genetic cure in the off or something new to say then it's just a freak show.

At least snakes are a lot more interesting than fish.

Quote: zooo @ 9th December 2013, 11:38 PM GMT

Ask Jennie, but I think that might be totally legal, yes.

That's good enough for me.

*fires up the chainsaw*

Quote: Tursiops @ 9th December 2013, 11:38 PM GMT

27%; I am nicer than Nils, but not a total girlie.

Then why the dress? Filthy.

Lol at Harridan being nearly the same as Thatcher (she was apparently 52%).

Quote: sglen @ 9th December 2013, 11:35 PM GMT

15% - did you get the same profile description then, that you're going to be trampled over for life? :( And here I was thinking not being psychopathic would be a good thing...

:D

Quote: zooo @ 9th December 2013, 11:43 PM GMT

I read somewhere that politics is overrepresented by psychopaths compared to all other jobs. We're all flucked.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 9th December 2013, 11:40 PM GMT

then it's just a freak show.

But as psychopaths they won't mind :) It's the only minority you can pick on and they'll enjoy it. Those who actually classify as clinical psychopaths think very differently from the rest of us and have different emotional responses. You're probably right that this programme will be more point and gawp than science, though.

Also, psychopathy is well interesting. Have a listen to this if you get a moment: http://worldsciencefestival.com/videos/moth_confessions_of_a_pro_social_psychopath

Basically, the guy who discovered the so-called 'warrior genes' (the group of genes responsible, in varying alignments, for psychopathic behaviour) accidentally discovered he is a psychopath himself.

60% of psychopaths read the FT. No surprise there...

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 9th December 2013, 11:40 PM GMT

Interesting as that programme sounds, it does smack of sensationalism, what are they hoping to achieve by it??

I think it to enable you to spot them, which can be useful, when, for instance you are in the voting booth.

Quote: Harridan @ 9th December 2013, 11:40 PM GMT

I'm 42% psychopath! Apparently all that means is that I'm not a flighty push-over, though. I went for snake, which sounds very melodramatic, but I don't really go in for cutesy animals, I prefer ones with interesting biological traits. Oh dear, that makes me sound a bit serial killer.

Hey harridan let's kill them all

Like mickey and malory

Quote: Harridan @ 9th December 2013, 11:40 PM GMT

Hey harridan let's kill them all

Like mickey and malory

Quote: zooo @ 9th December 2013, 11:43 PM GMT

Freddie Mercury is in between me and Mrs T, so I'm not so worried about it. But I have recently been thinking about wearing more pearls and closing coal mines...

Quote: Tursiops @ 9th December 2013, 11:48 PM GMT

I think it to enable you to spot them, which can be useful, when, for instance you are in the voting booth.

A successful psychopath is incredibly difficult to spot though. They're master manipulators. Although, it would be good if there's a way to actually point one out.

Pretty sure I lived with someone who had a lot of psychopathic traits, if not actually a complete psychopath. Apparently there's a three-way split between psychopaths:
1) I want to murder in interesting ways that can be made into films
2) I want to make loads of money by screwing other people over
3) I basically just want to sit here and watch TV and I'm going to manipulate/blackmail as many people as possible in order to get out of having to do anything.

She was the third kind. Made off with about a grand of mine and my housemates' money in the end.