Status report Page 5,419

Haa Haaa

Billwill finally bought himself a Freesat receiver with recorder, & so finally might not have to put up with glitched recordings with chunks missing from Terrestrial TV which has to bend over Muswell Hill to reach me from Crystal Palace.

It has been a pain in the neck ever since the digital switch over.

And the new gadget does series recording and High Definition channels too. Hooray.

(won't be very good when raining over London though.)

Quote: billwill @ 26th November 2013, 12:05 AM GMT

Billwill finally bought himself a Freesat receiver with recorder, & so finally might not have to put up with glitched recordings with chunks missing from Terrestrial TV which has to bend over Muswell Hill to reach me from Crystal Palace.

And the new gadget does series recording and High Definition channels too. Hooray.

Bah... Bought the wrong multi output LNB for my old satellite dish. Should have bought a QUAD LNB, instead bought a QUATTRO lnb, because I thought that was just another name for a quad LNB...

It isn't ... A quattro LNB is used with an extra special convertor box used to feed many many satellite receivers as in a block of flats etc. The QUAD one is for ordinary houses.

Bah humbug.

>_<

Ben is back from the gym. Rejoice.

Quote: billwill @ 26th November 2013, 2:10 PM GMT

Bah... Bought the wrong multi output LNB for my old satellite dish. Should have bought a QUAD LNB, instead bought a QUATTRO lnb, because I thought that was just another name for a quad LNB...

It isn't ... A quattro LNB is used with an extra special convertor box used to feed many many satellite receivers as in a block of flats etc. The QUAD one is for ordinary houses.

Bah humbug.

>_<

Schoolboy error!

Quote: billwill @ 26th November 2013, 12:05 AM GMT

Whereas living 7 miles south of Crystal Palace, I have the joys of BBC Radio Northamptonshire on DAB radio. Apparently, being on the second highest hill in Greater London, my set is automatically tuning to a Multiplex to the North of London! When the anticipated Surrey Mux changes go through, it wouldn't surprise me if all the London radio stations are blotted out even though - by a quarter of a mile - I'm in a London borough.

Quote: Horseradish @ 26th November 2013, 11:41 PM GMT

Whereas living 7 miles south of Crystal Palace, I have the joys of BBC Radio Northamptonshire on DAB radio. Apparently, being on the second highest hill in Greater London, my set is automatically tuning to a Multiplex to the North of London! When the anticipated Surrey Mux changes go through, it wouldn't surprise me if all the London radio stations are blotted out even though - by a quarter of a mile - I'm in a London borough.

At least you'll be up to date with livestock prices at auction.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 26th November 2013, 11:49 PM GMT

At least you'll be up to date with livestock prices at auction.

I am - and all the best places for loafers. :)

Quote: Marc P @ 26th November 2013, 10:41 PM GMT

Schoolboy error!

Aha that explains it. There were not any satellites when I was a schoolboy.

Quote: billwill @ 27th November 2013, 12:23 AM GMT

Aha that explains it. There were not any satellites when I was a schoolboy.

I was 11 when Sputnik was launched.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 27th November 2013, 12:28 AM GMT

I was 11 when Sputnik was launched.

You is still young, old-rocker...

Quote: billwill @ 27th November 2013, 12:31 AM GMT

You is still young, old-rocker...

I defer to the Father Of The House !

:D

Quote: Oldrocker @ 27th November 2013, 12:28 AM GMT

I was 11 when Sputnik was launched. And me mam told me to bloody clean off them curtains and off the dog

We were all young once and full of life

Quote: sootyj @ 27th November 2013, 12:36 AM GMT

We were all young once and full of life

Never had that much all totaled up !

Just rubbed my eye too hard & the eyelid flipped over so the eyelash was stuck on my eyeball.
Ouch Ouch Ouch
Got it back now but I haven't had this many tears since that John Lewis Ad