Status report Page 4,331

If it's a religious school ie, Catholic, CoE or whatever then that it is to be expected that they will weave the Gospel into the curriculium, though it's worrying if she was told this during a History lesson, it would be more understandable and in context if was during RE lessons. Also, kids say things out of context.

Quote: sootyj @ March 3 2012, 8:53 AM GMT

You might have grounds to complain about that?

Or more realistically just have a word, because that's massively innaprorpriate.

That or how young do you have to be to watch Life of Brian?

Unfortunately it's a private school and a vaguely catholic one, so they can teach whatever bullshit they like as long as it's religious bullshit.

I haven't watched Life of Brian in years...must dig it out!

;) Darwinism?...

Quote: Harridan @ March 3 2012, 8:50 AM GMT

Snap. Was up at 7am for no reason. Wish my internal alarm clock worked on weekdays, too!

Currently raging about something one of the kids I look after told me last night: She learnt about the Romans at school yesterday and apparently her teacher informed her that God created the Romans so that they could prepare the earth for Jesus. She asked if I believed in Jesus, and when I answered 'no' she asked if I believed in Romans. Well done, you stupid proselytising halfwit, you've just confused a 6 year old into thinking that history and religion are the same thing. With teachers of that quality it's no surprise we've got so many educated idiots about.

Laughing out loud

Currently raging about something one of the kids I look after told me last night: She learnt about the Romans at school yesterday and apparently her teacher informed her that God created the Romans so that they could prepare the earth for Jesus. She asked if I believed in Jesus, and when I answered 'no' she asked if I believed in Romans. Well done, you stupid proselytising halfwit, you've just confused a 6 year old into thinking that history and religion are the same thing. With teachers of that quality it's no surprise we've got so many educated idiots about.

Does seem a bit strange - but are you sure she understood what the teacher was actually saying? Sometimes kids don't totally understand what's being said. In fact sometimes adults don't totally understand what's being said!

I've heard that bit of theology before - it dates back about 1400 years! - so I think she probably was reporting what her teacher had told her.

Come to think of it, I'm sure I remember it being mentioned when I went to school.

Quote: Harridan @ March 3 2012, 9:22 AM GMT

it dates back about 1400 years

Quote: Lee @ March 3 2012, 9:26 AM GMT

Come to think of it, I'm sure I remember it being mentioned when I went to school.

You don't look your age though Lee :)

Yo could always try and offer an alternative perspective, gently.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ March 3 2012, 9:44 AM GMT

You don't look your age though Lee :)

Are you kidding? He looks about 500,000 years old!

I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

Quote: chipolata @ March 2 2012, 3:54 PM GMT

I imagine he was a drone.

A new generation of large fertile females leave the nest in late autumn and hibernate over winter; in early spring these can be seen buzzing around looking to start new colonies. They are out early this year, and if we get another cold snap, as has been promised, it is not going to go well for them. Chip, you have a humanitarian duty to let that queen build a nest in your kitchen.

So Timbo why were you arrested lurking around outside Slimmers World?

Quote: Timbo @ March 3 2012, 9:50 AM GMT

A new generation of large fertile females leave the nest in late autumn and hibernate over winter; in early spring these can be seen buzzing around looking to get jiggy

Sick dude! I hope they throw the book at you!!

She asked if I believed in Jesus, and when I answered 'no' she asked if I believed in Romans. Well done, you stupid proselytising halfwit, you've just confused a 6 year old into thinking that history and religion are the same thing.

It might have been less confusing for her if you had said that you believe there was a man called Jesus who lived in the time of the Romans. Just saying.

nb if it's a Catholic school then they don't really aprove of that sort of thing. And you'll find it all gets more complex later on.