Status report Page 4,175

Scats! Wave

Hullo! How are you, Lee?:D

Quote: zooo @ December 24 2011, 7:05 PM GMT

That's the stuff! I just get a jaggedy line of it going horizontally.
Had it a few days ago but it went away really quickly this time.

It's called an optical migraine. I have had it once or twice. Not nice.

Marc what do they call those things that measure out a drink in pubs?

Quote: Marc P @ December 28 2011, 8:44 AM GMT

It's called an optic. I have had it once or twice. Not nice.

Really measure their drinks with 2 fingers! The pinky and the trigger.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ December 27 2011, 9:10 PM GMT

Hullo! How are you, Lee?:D

Good thanks. Did you have a nice Christmas?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ December 27 2011, 6:44 PM GMT

Robyn thinks that Chip's avatar is amazing.

:D

Alas, he's not one of my cats (I would like a pure white cat, even though I believe they're more prone to illnesses than non-whites). I was just under intense peer pressure and found it by putting "Santa cat" into a search engine.

Are white cats more prone to sunburn?

Quote: Leevil @ December 28 2011, 6:07 PM GMT

Are white cats more prone to sunburn?

You're mocking, but ears on a cat will sunburn. I've had to put suncream on a cats ears before.

;) Have you tried a sunhat?

Genuine question, I'll have you know! I've ever only really known black cats. I wasn't sure which suffered more. My first instinct was white, because pale/white people burn quicker. But then I thought a back cat might get hot, as we would with a black shirt on.

We are getting cats soon. I don't know when, but it's something that's going to happen. So no mockery from me, Sir.

I believe - and this might be pure bollocks - that pure white cats lack something that makes them more susceptible to disease. But they're actually pretty rare so I doubt you'd find one.

My first kitty was pure white. She lived to be quite old and I don't remember her having any illnesses, so hopefully they're not all sicky cats.
She did have quite pink ears. Maybe they did get sunburn. Aw.

I don't think I'd want a white cat. General cat fur getting everywhere is bad enough but when it's white it's like a blanket.

Quote: Leevil @ December 28 2011, 7:02 PM GMT

I don't think I'd want a white cat. General cat fur getting everywhere is bad enough but when it's white it's like a blanket.

Plus everyone will also think you have an evil henchman locked in the downstairs loo as well.

I'm not rich/poor enough to have a downstairs loo.