Absolutely Page 9

Suit song was one of my favourite bits about that show along with the brilliant exchange between Mr Don & Mr George

"Are you going to Combe your hair then?"
"I tell you what, I'll comb it now"

I was lucky enough to meet Pete Baikie a few years back as we have a mutual friend and he was a lovely bloke, didn't have a bad word to say about anyone and seemed genuinely down when he told us Jack (or John as he kept calling him) wasn't going to be involved in the new radio shows, he looked at the floor with his eyes going a bit glassy for a second then said......"f**k him, more money for me" then let out one of the most infectious laughs I've ever heard

Quote: Sarc @ 28th March 2016, 8:10 PM BST

I was lucky enough to meet Pete Baikie a few years back as we have a mutual friend and he was a lovely bloke, didn't have a bad word to say about anyone and seemed genuinely down when he told us Jack (or John as he kept calling him) wasn't going to be involved in the new radio shows, he looked at the floor with his eyes going a bit glassy for a second then said......"f**k him, more money for me" then let out one of the most infectious laughs I've ever heard

I loved Pete Baikie's recurring sketch playing the piano singing daft songs. "Trousers, I'm wearing trousers. You probably don't know, you probably don't know, you probably don't know where I live". :D

Denzil and Gwyneth made me laugh mostly from the makeup and Calum Gilhooley in his trademark blue puffer jacket was always getting himself in funny situations. It's a Shame Jack didn't rejoin the rest of the team because any sketch he was in was guaranteed to be funny but he wasn't indispensable. I've not checked out the radio show so I should do that pronto.

I haven't re-read the whole thread but I did manage to get the Box set.

Incidentally a certain Mr Aaron and a certain Ms zooo seemed to go off topic earlier in this thread. What happened to greying-out? One rule for some etc?

I don't remember this but apparently Mr Don and Mr George had a spin off series

Snot on DVD though ...

They did indeed, not sure if it's still on there or not but it was on 4od for ages.
Brilliantly daft episode titles to like You Can Run But You Can't Hide Your Legs

McGlashan also had a spin off pilot but good luck trying to find that anywhere. I was at the recordings for the radio show last year and really enjoyed it. I was a fan since a friend introduced me to it in the early 2000's so was no way I was missing it!

I got to meet them all before and afterwards and they are a lovely group of people. I asked John Sparkes about a return to TV and he said they were all up for doing it but it wqas just finding someone to show it. I wonder did they try CH4 and they said no? Alternatively if the BBC get good ratings for the 2nd radio series maybe they would consider letting them do a TV pilot for BBC3.

Hopefully I can have a chat with them again at the next recording and see if anything has developed in the past year.

Oh and my Twitter account @absolutelyfans is good for keeping up with news. Will be posting when tickets are available for recordings in the next few weeks!

https://mobile.twitter.com/@absolutelyfans Www.facebook.com/absolutelyfans

WHAT???? There's another radio series on the way? How the buggering f**k have I missed that?
First Still Game started filming again today and now I find out Absolutley are coming back for another radio series. the only thing that would make it perfect is if Jack Docherty came back with them but I can wish right?

Unfortunately no Jack Docherty again this time. I considered asking them why but decided against it. That's their business and if they wanted to give an explanation why then I'm sure they would have. Shame really. Would have been good to have them all there. It means none of his characters but they got round that in the Family sketch last year. There were a good few sketches that weren't used from the recordings. Including one where the audience got involved. Was looking forward to hearing it on the radio but it never got used :(

Assuming recording follows the same as last year, it will be early August and September with it being aired September on the day of the second recordings. Cant wait!!

Maybe he's too busy with Scot Squad?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 9th July 2016, 11:16 PM BST

Maybe he's too busy with Scot Squad?

Scot squad was, I think, the reason he couldn't do the Sketchorama episode. Scot Squad is filming at the moment but he probably only appears for a total of 20 odd minutes each series. I would have thought he would jump at the chance to do more Absolutely.

It was what made him but you know what these "stars" are like.

Recording update. Not recording till early next year. Wonder of that's so it could fit in with Jack Dochertys schedule. He will be well done filming Scot Squad series 3 & Christmas special by the time it comes round! Fingers crossed!

Was at the recording of episodes 3&4 of series 2 last night. Brilliantly funny. The cast were on fine form and the sketches were so so good. Couldn't stick around to meet the cast this time unfortunately. Really great interaction with the audience and several times they had to stop mid sketch till the laughing died down.

New series starts 25th of June on R4.

I must've missed this before but I got an email from them saying it starts tonight as mentioned above.

I listened to it and some very funny sketches - especially John Sparkes.

Just watching the Loch and Moray Hunter is in it.