Absolutely Page 7

Quote: Agnes Guano @ November 25 2010, 12:18 PM GMT

He is now very popular with the under-fives as the voice of Fireman Sam and Peppa Pig!

Really? Does he ever slip the odd "quim" into his dialogue, for old times' sake?

Why in this whole long thread did nobody mention Calum Gilhooley?

For my money the best comic monologues ever.

To control for rose tint, I just you tubed them up (what shamefully little there is) and pissed myself all over again. But that's another story ...

Actualy when I said 'just now' I meant six months ago. There's more now and, ok, some of them aren't so great.

Started watching Series 2 on DVD. Making me laugh again.

Very Pythonesque the way they link unrelated sketches that don't have a punchline as such.

Me too!

Adore it. All the performers involved were great.

Very good show, some of the actors started by writing for classic Radio 4 comedies like Radio Active and In One Ear. In fact the embryo was a Radio 4 series 'In Other Words - The Bodgers', later developing into 'Bodgers, Banks and Sparkes' hence Absolutely. Very consistent and high-quality, especially when it was cut into a more manageable 30-minute format.

Funniest has to be Denzil and Gwyneth - especially with Welsh subtitles.

I'm in the 'oover!

Quote: zooo @ February 4 2012, 10:16 PM GMT

I'm in the 'oover!

I just read through the thread and I have now said that three times.

Ah, five year old threads...

I'm watching series 2 at the moment and John Sparkes is playing an old man who seems very similar to Paul Whitehouse's old man in the Fast Show.

I once lodged with someone who had grown up in a place called Stonebridge. I mentioned Absolutely to him, and he said although he hadn't seen it, he'd got stick, as a student, because of his home town's name.

Morwenna Banks was quite fanciable-and has looked nice when I've seen her more recently, on Harry Enfield's show.

Quote: Chappers @ February 5 2012, 12:24 AM GMT

I'm watching series 2 at the moment and John Sparkes is playing an old man who seems very similar to Paul Whitehouse's old man in the Fast Show.

Bert Bastard! A lot better observed than Unlucky Alf, and a lot more susceptible to quim.

Some of the songs crack me up. Pete Baikie is pretty funny. Loved the one where he plays the big fat man in the tractor taking the piss out of all those crap signs. 'You don't have to be crazy to work here but it helps... oh ha ha ha ha ha'. Plus that one where he is on the piano singing 'smart and wonderful, that's what I am'. Great stuff.

Just received this email.

Following the success of the Absolutely reunion show on Radio 4 back in June, a full half-hour programme will be broadcast next Wednesday, 7th August at 6.30pm.

"Sketchorama: Absolutely Special" will feature further, unheard material from the recording held in April at the Oran Mor in Glasgow - Pete Baikie, Morwenna Banks, Moray Hunter, Gordon Kennedy and John Sparkes recorded almost 45 minutes of material so the half-hour show will allow radio listeners a chance to hear even more new sketches from other Absolutely characters such as Frank Hovis and The Old Lady Artist and even more from Stoneybridge and Calum Gilhooley.

"Having heard the sketches chosen for the recent episode of Sketchorama I was delighted to learn that there was more! The Absolutely crew are still held in high esteem and remembered with affection. This is a comeback treat."

Missed the reunion in June and I'll probably forget this.

Excellent, the bit they did on Sketchorama last time was very funny.

Oh cool

Just marked that on my TV timer

Ta!

Another bit of news.

Siadwell in Wales!!!!!

Shit- can't find the link.

Give me a minute

Here it is,

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/return-siadwell-john-sparkes-resurrects-6355936