Absolutely Page 2

Quote: ajp29 @ May 17, 2007, 3:10 PM

They have this on 4OD i think aswell

Yes they do and I'll be downloading later on tonight.

Best news ever. Been trying to get hold of this for ages.

Great news, a DVD boxset of all 4 series is now confirmed (yes properly confirmed :)) and will be released 21st April. :D http://www.absolutely.biz/newsscript.cgi?record=17

Can't wait for this.

It's funny how Sanjeev Bakshar totally copied that Jack Docherty character, who used to claim everything came from, or started in Scotland, when he (Bakshar) did his character who would say everything came from, or started in "India!!"

About time this show got a DVD release. I got the four series from 'another source', and I love the show. Some excellent characters, and in the early series it had the Python esque linking of sketches that I always appreciate (it makes a show feel joined into one rather than a bunch of sketches thrown together at random).

I'll be writing about Absolutely for the British Comedy Guide, and I'll hopefully have an article ready to fit in with the DVD release.

Went onto the Absolutely site and left an invitation to come and visit the BSG and got a reply from Gordon Kennedy, and I quote:

"Thanks Martin I will. Best wishes Gordon"

Does that make us best mates?

Yes it does. Definitely. :)

You could invite him 'round for a nightcap and see what happens?

That's good news about the DVD's.

I haven't looked on their site lately but I thought I was on their mailing list.

Morwenna for Queen.

I remember a very funny one series spin-off from 'Absolutely' starring Jack Docherty and ?Moray Hunter of their Don & George characters. Was it simply called 'Mr Don and Mr George' or something?

Correct.

Cheers.

Word. :)

Some of the 'Absolutely' team also went on to do a less-than-brilliant sitcom series about a bunch of advertising execs, entitled 'The Creatives', am I right?

Apparently so, yes. At very lest was made by the same production company.