The Harry Enfield Programme

Harry & Paul. Image shows from L to R: Harry Enfield, Paul Whitehouse. Copyright: Tiger Aspect Productions.

Harry & Paul

Comedy starring sketch show veterans Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse as a variety of characters

Aaron

• Sunday 4th March 2007, 1:23am [Edited]
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,287 posts

Well, I went to another TV recording last night; this time The Harry Enfield Programme (or possibly Show, but signs said Programme). I have to admit that I've not really seen much of his previous shows so am not entirely sure how it compares, but it wasn't too bad at all. Some very funny stuff, and some which was a bit '...'. Typical that some of the funniest stuff was the unrecorded asides and comments to the audience (who he likes to shout "WANKER!" at him when he messes up). Overall a bit hit and miss for me, but it wasn't awful so I'm looking forward to seeing the fully polished series when it hits the BBC next month.

Other people in the show:
Morwenna Banks
Paul Whitehouse
Sophie "Big Suze" Winkleman

(Have to say though, Paul really steals the show.)

Hands Ashley!

hotzappa11

• Sunday 4th March 2007, 2:01am [Edited]
  • Northampton, England
  • 2,445 posts

That is because Paul Whitehouse is a comedy God. I don't think i've seen him do anything bad, and if he does it's usually mediocre.

Glad you liked it though.

Lee

• Sunday 4th March 2007, 8:35pm
  • Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
  • 36,341 posts

I was only about 10 I think when he was quite popular with his sketch shows and I used to like him. But when I was about 16, I used to think he was cheesy and The Fast Show was "cool". But now I think some of Harry's stuff is really good, now that I have a better understanding of creating comedy. Although I haven't seen or heard of anything post 1996. So I don't know how he is now?

Chappers

• Monday 5th March 2007, 1:54am
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,099 posts

Got to see he's coming back. I hope it works as well as before. It really was the start of a resurgence of sketch shows with running characters. Paul Whitehouse of course came out (not in that way) of the earlier series and I love Morwenna. Shame there's no (what's her name - gimme gimme gimme).

Chappers

• Monday 5th March 2007, 3:12am
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,099 posts

Kathy Burke

Aaron

• Saturday 31st March 2007, 12:22am [Edited]
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,287 posts

The new series is to be called Ruddy Hell! It's Harry and Paul, and will run weekly from Friday 13th April (*spooky music*) at 8:30pm on BBC One. :)

Mark

• Saturday 31st March 2007, 5:22am
  • Hampshire, England
  • 2,668 posts
Quote: Aaron @ March 30, 2007, 7:22 PM

The new series is to be called Ruddy Hell! It's Harry and Paul

Oh, they're re-titled it. Glad they have - Whitehouse deserves as much credit as Enfield (if not more).

Will Cam

• Friday 27th May 2011, 8:17pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 7,910 posts

Watching Harry Enfield and Chums on GOLD. Quality writing and acting. Stands up very well considering the age of it. :D It was the one where Kevin the Teenager loses his virginity and changes overnight. Blimey it was made in 1996, 15 years ago!

Ben

• Friday 27th May 2011, 8:48pm
  • England
  • 18,345 posts

I haven't seen much Harry Enfield stuff since it was originally on. Have fond memories though. Hopefully, it'll get a DVD release one day.